MFC port seems broken!

Vhalen50

Experienced
I just recieved my MFC today and I was so excited to start messing with it. I plug in my CAT-5 cable into the board and everythings fine but when I plug it into the back of my AXE II, it doesnt grab and with the slightest nudge, it falls out and turns the board off. WHATS GOING ON!?

PS when the cable is in the AXE II it does turn on, but if i just move my rack, even the slightest, it turns off.

It's probably the cable. Check to make sure the "tongue" has enough spring to hold it in place.

-Matt

It's probably the cable. Check to make sure the "tongue" has enough spring to hold it in place.

-Matt

Are the ports on the MFC and AXE different? Both ends hold in place on the MFC but neither hold in the back of the axe. Im trying to find other cables, like usual right now I cant find one. Ive got a 7 pin MIDI cable lying around from my JSX, but I'm not entirely sure if it will show the presets.

It needs a cable with a longer tip than a lot of which you often buy...
With the Ultra, the problem was the same for the MIDI connections.

My connector has the same width for 22 mm. Most connectors get wider after about 14 mm. Those don't reach and the plastic will hit the case.
It's a pretty amazing oversight, since most cables seem to be sold that way.

Well the worst part is when i connect my 7 pin cable, it decides to display the AXE FX NAME TIMEOUT thing.

Back
Top Bottom