MFC Name Timeout Fw11.03 + MFC 2.18

Sean Ashe

Power User
Went to use my MFC for the first time in forever, and made sure to update it as well.

Now I'm just getting Name Timeout :/

I made sure to set realtime sysex to all as well as checking the MFC to be set for Expansion.

I've never had this issue previously so I'm assuming some setting changed that I just am not thinking about.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

It's set to Axe-Fx II Mode?

Make sure the connectors at both sides are seated firmly.

And using the same MIDI channel?

Make sure you are not in one of the Tuner sub pages on the AXEFX2, that will do it.

It's set to Axe FX II mode and I'm using the Cat 5 that's in both ports firmly connected. Both set to Ch 01

Okay, tried resetting the MFC, just to be sure?

Other than that, could be a bad Ethernet cable.

Okay, tried resetting the MFC, just to be sure?

Other than that, could be a bad Ethernet cable.

Reset in regards to turning it on/off? Or resetting it to factory default?

I'll try resetting to factory default. I don't think it's bad cable, i set it for midi and was still getting a timeout :/

Restore to factory defaults: power on with switch 11 held down.

When I move through presets on the front panel, the number switches on the MFC. And tempo is also transmitted. I've never had this issue before, it's very odd.

Well, you know what they say: contact Support. :)

Yea very true. Going to wait until a bit later until I can test another ethernet cable just incase. Thanks for the help yek, you're always real helpful and its appreciated :)

Hi Sean, I had a similar problem over the Summer. The MFC101 was acting up, sometimes it would work ok other times I would get the Timeout message or the Expression Pedals would stop working usually while setting up at a gig. I tried resetting everything a few times and reloaded the Firmware. Finally, I carefully cleaned the Midi and Cat5 Connections on the Axe and MFC with Deoxit and it's been working perfect ever since.

Hi Sean, I had a similar problem over the Summer. The MFC101 was acting up, sometimes it would work ok other times I would get the Timeout message or the Expression Pedals would stop working usually while setting up at a gig. I tried resetting everything a few times and reloaded the Firmware. Finally, I carefully cleaned the Midi and Cat5 Connections on the Axe and MFC with Deoxit and it's been working perfect ever since.

Wow thanks Rain! I just used some canned air to clean out the expansion slots and its working just fine now :) Crazy how that 'blow in the cartridge' trick from oldschool video games is still relevant haha ;)

Wait nope now it's back to being stupid. HAS to be the ethernet cable.

welp, i feel dumb. Thanks for the help anyways guys

Oh sorry just saw this, definitely the ethernet cable. Helped my friend Marcus with his axe rig and i tried his ethernet cable in my mfc and it was perfect.

If anything this is just a reminder than i need to get some backups for all of my cables etc.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom