MFC mk1 Update Issue

ssmorga78

Experienced
Ok, who can help me out? I have a MFC 101 mk1 that I have been using with my Ultra. Well, I just upgraded to the Axe 2 and I have upgraded the firmware in the Axe to FW 18.03. SO, Im trying to update the MFC and it goes through, says complete, I cycle the power and all that I get on my MFC is the Preset light lit, Inc and Dec lights lit and the screen says Preset 000-254....... thats it. It won't work at all. Can anyone help?

Reset by holding switch 11 at power up then turning off and on again? You'll of course have to redo all MFC settings.

I just found that reset trick on the Support site. I reset the MFC and then tried the update again..... worked like a charm aside from one thing. I am powering the MFC with a 7pin midi from the Axe 2. But even if the Axe 2 isn't powered on, the MFC powers up. I am sure its a setting somewhere in the Axe 2. Do you have any idea where it is Chris?

Thats weird.....the Ultra would not power the MFC unless it was turned on. I guess that phantom supply must be hardwired straight to the power input on the 2's. I guess the Ultra's had some kind of switch that would not power it till the power switch was flipped.

Back
Top Bottom