MFC Mk III Custom Midi Message Length

Pagzy

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to use my MFC Mk III to control a Behringer XR18 which can accept Custom Midi Messages to control things not available as normal midi commands. Some of these messages are longer than 16 bytes and I can see that the IA switches can send two 16 byte custom midi messages.
Does anyone know if a custom midi message split across the two 16 bytes lengths available will work as one 32 byte command?

Cheers
Paul

All good, I got it working...
You have to set an IA switch to Momentary and set the message length in each. So if your desired midi message is 20 bytes long, have 16 for the first message length and 4 for the second message length. So messages up to 32 bytes can be sent using Momentary IA switches... ;)

...just thought I'd share another custom midi message advantage that I didn't realise before. With the 16 byte lengths you can send up to 5 CC commands, (e.g. 1 CC command = B0 27 60), for each on/off state, as opposed to the 2 standard CC command entries available per on/off state on each IA switch.
Or as stated above if you use a Momentary switch you could send up to 10 CC commands at once.
They could be a mix of any midi commands too, not just CC's...
I haven't tested if you can use the custom midi message as well as the standard PC/CC entries for even more commands per on/off state.

Back
Top Bottom