MFC looper problem

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I set iA1 to REC and iA2 to PLAY, both iA modes are toggle.

It works, but here's the problem: i have to press Play twice to stop it.

When i want to record i press REC (iA1) and it records, i then press REC again to stop recording and start playing. when the loop is playing i press Play/stop (iA2) to stop it.But when i press it the first time only led light comes up, and when i press it again it stops.

I would like it to stop when i press it for the first time.
Am i doing something wrong?

Hmm... Interesting question. I'll take a guess...

Maybe try setting both the ON and the OFF values for the PLAY switch to be 127?

MFC- Manual section 12.4.8

Matman said:
Hmm... Interesting question. I'll take a guess...

Maybe try setting both the ON and the OFF values for the PLAY switch to be 127?

MFC- Manual section 12.4.8

Just tried that and it doesn't help because then i cannot stop it anymore (stop function is gone), i tried it other way around where iA2 ON and OFF values to 0, then it works , but i cannot replay recorded loop when i stop it(play function is gone).

found a way by setting the iA2 (play) values to opposite ON =0, OFF =127 .
Now it works as i wanted.

Edit:

its a bad solution, cause it works only the first time you loop, when you record another loop, you still have to press twice

So the question remains, how to solve this??

Hey, I know Im responding to a super old thread, but was there ever a solution to this issue found? I've decided to stop using the Looper Control Mode on the MFC to have the looper buttons always available, but Im having the same issue of having to hit play twice to stop the loop. The only workaround I have found is if I hit Record to start, and then hit Play at the end of the loop instead of record again, it all works fine, Im just trying to avoid having to targeting another footswitch while playing a part.

Hey, I know Im responding to a super old thread, but was there ever a solution to this issue found? I've decided to stop using the Looper Control Mode on the MFC to have the looper buttons always available, but Im having the same issue of having to hit play twice to stop the loop. The only workaround I have found is if I hit Record to start, and then hit Play at the end of the loop instead of record again, it all works fine, Im just trying to avoid having to targeting another footswitch while playing a part.
I don't know the answer but I think you win the necro-thread revival award!

The problem is manual IA's don't sync their status with the Axe II. In looper mode, when you record a loop and hit the record switch again, it automatically goes into playback mode, so the play switch activates automatically. The next press is a stop (zero value on CC message). With manual IA's the status of the play/stop IA is completely independent of the record IA so if it's in the off state when you stop recording the loop, the next press will be play (127 value) and not stop so you have to hit it a second time to get the off value sent. Same problem occurs between the Stack and play IAs as well. Simplest solution seems to be to just use looper control mode. It keeps track of everything and stays in sync with the current looper state.

Damn, I just got my MFC-101 and this is one of the first things I tried to do! Annoying because I really don’t want to have to riverdance to get the looper going.

You can setup switch links between the record, play, and stack manual IAs so only one of them can be active at a time. If you do that, turn off SendSwLinkOffMsg as well. That combined with hitting play instead of record or stack to finish recording should take care of it.

You can setup switch links between the record, play, and stack manual IAs so only one of them can be active at a time. If you do that, turn off SendSwLinkOffMsg as well. That combined with hitting play instead of record or stack to finish recording should take care of it.
Awesome, thank you. I have been using the switch links, but was not aware of SendSwLinkOffMsg. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom