Bug? MFC left-over lights from prior preset - Bug or Normal behavior

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
MFC mark III, 3.08 FW
AXE FX II XL+ on 3.03

So, when I'm in presets over the capacity of the MFC (38X?) i.e. 400+ and I change presets via AE, the MFC foot controller (it appears to sync w/ AE and AXE, and displays the preset name and #), also brings up the active or inactive I/A switches corresponding to the previous preset (in scenes BTW) - all normal behavior ... but the prior preset I/A switches (e.g. a comp, or phaser whatever effect that was there, but isn't there now), remains lit up (green) and it doesn't go away (nor can I turn it off/change state to "off"/red).

It's unsettling because I can't always remember what effect is actually present in a given patch. How do I get a "clean" slate to so speak that shows me what's truely in the chain of effects and not some leftover?

Is this normal or a setting or bug?

Does it happen on presets below 384? If not then you have your answer in that the mfc doesn't really support your preset range. There are ways round it but it depends whether the hassle is worth it...

Apart from that, the general advice is not to try using the mfc while AE is running unless you pause communication.

I'll check this behavior in a bit. Sounds abnormal. It should be fine to keep the MFC connected, have it sync state properly on preset change via Axe-Edit.

Not though that preset edits made in Edit won't necessarily have their block changes reflected on the MFC until you save the changes and than change away from then back to the preset.

I'll check this behavior in a bit. Sounds abnormal. It should be fine to keep the MFC connected, have it sync state properly on preset change via Axe-Edit.

Not though that preset edits made in Edit won't necessarily have their block changes reflected on the MFC until you save the changes and than change away from then back to the preset.

Thanks - appreciate it.

The version of AE i use is the latest (on WIN10) and it auto pauses if you touch anything on the MFC (a scene change, an IA switch, an "edit")

This happens even if the preset is "saved" and I just change presets ... only for patches above the MFC capacity - however I'm pretty certain this wasn't "normal" behavior in the past, but IDK.

Back
Top Bottom