Bug? MFC issue when using scenes

rnjscooter

Power User
Hi everyone, this isn't just happening on my MFC, it's happening on my friends as well. Both of us have our MFCs set up with switches 1-5 scenes and 6-17 IA switches. Then we use the up down arrows on the MFC to change presets. If we try to stomp thru presets quickly or hold the up/down buttons to scroll it does this...........

example, I am on preset one and want to go to presets 60, it will do this..........

1 2 3 4 5 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 4 5 6 7 8 5 6 7 8 9 and so on...............

it takes forever to get to 60 as it goes up and down and up and down. it will eventually get there but its so all over the place that i kinda gotta wait till it gets in the 60s and the go one at a time till I get to the exact preset, and even then it will still go back and forth till I finally arrive at the destination.

does that makes sense everyone?

its really a pain. really the only way to get anywhere is to press the up or down switch one at a time slowly..............

help???????????????????

mj

Turn off total sync on the MFC, I believe in the setup menu.

Is axe-edit connected when this happens?

I have the same problem.....
Just tried a CAT5 cable and its exactly the same,
If for instance i am on preset 0 and I hold my foot down on the + (up) switch the numbers go very quickly but keep jumping back to 0, when I take my foot off its on preset 3. if i repeat this (even keeping my foot on the up switch for a long time, when i take it off it will be on preset 5, then 7, and it just keeps going up in two's? It is exactly the same when I page down (it goes down in two's)
This is obviously a fault.
There is no way I could go from say preset 1 to preset 10 within a song, as I have to slowly go up one preset at a time, releasing my foot every preset, it would take about a minute or more to do this?????
and like I said its the same with both Faslink or CAT5 cable. then eventually it will all go blank and I will have to reboot (mid song) this has happened to me three times now during a gig - which is three times to many, really worried about the reliability.

I have the same problem.....
Just tried a CAT5 cable and its exactly the same,
If for instance i am on preset 0 and I hold my foot down on the + (up) switch the numbers go very quickly but keep jumping back to 0, when I take my foot off its on preset 3. if i repeat this (even keeping my foot on the up switch for a long time, when i take it off it will be on preset 5, then 7, and it just keeps going up in two's? It is exactly the same when I page down (it goes down in two's)
This is obviously a fault.
There is no way I could go from say preset 1 to preset 10 within a song, as I have to slowly go up one preset at a time, releasing my foot every preset, it would take about a minute or more to do this?????
and like I said its the same with both Faslink or CAT5 cable. then eventually it will all go blank and I will have to reboot (mid song) this has happened to me three times now during a gig - which is three times to many, really worried about the reliability.

see Chris' reply. It fixed the problem

Back
Top Bottom