MFC I/A Switch sticking

Stringer76

Has anyone ever had a problem with instant access switches 'sticking'? When I step on switch 2 it changes my preset, but if I then step on switch 1, nothing happens. If I step on switch 2 again, I hear the button click (but not loudly) and then I can get other switches to work. It's almost like the switch is doing its own mechanical "toggling". Have I got a bad button? This really bums me out because I just got the MFC last week and I am anxious to integrate it into my live rig. My hope would be that Fractal would take care of this with the warranty, but I am not excited at all about having to send it back to them for repair. Please, someone tell me there is a way to fix this. I didn't do anything except step on the button!

It sounds similiar to a situation that I had. With no responses thru this forum, I contacted Fractal. They advised that my situation sounded like switch 1 was sticking due to dirt. (??? the unit was 1 month old) The Fractal solution was to depress the switch about a dozen times as the switches are self cleaning. I did that to switch 1 and the other 16 and there has been no problem in the past 2 weeks. I don't know if your issuue is the same but it is worth the try. I'll update this post if the problem should arise in the future.

Outstanding! The self-cleaning button method seems to be working. I am so glad I don't have to send it in for repair. Thanks again!

I had a similar problem yesterday. One ia switche is changing color from red to green when pressed, but nothing changes in the preset. If a press it another time it works. Is that similar to your problems? I will try the selfcleaning trick.

Cheers
PhillAnselmo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom