MFC help

john nelson

Hey guys, I just got a mfc to control my axe fxII off a guy on reverb and it came today and I hooked it up with just the ethernet cable as it says in the manual, and the mfc did not even power on at all... after messing with it after a while I have given up on it for now... would prefer to connect this way ...
now I am connected via midi and a power supply that was sent along with the mfc and power cables.. I get it booted up etc.... do a little reading on settings and am running into an issue with the mfc again... it states display name timeout !! as the ethercon does not seem to work at the moment, (and no i did not try it with a power supply at the same time ) I am currently going through programming it via midi and it seems to be working ok although the issue with the display preset name issue even over midi.... It seems to be a setting that needs changed somewhere .. if anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated.... in the meantime, im going to go pass out and hope someone gets an idea before I end up reading the manual 10x tomorrow ..thanks in advance for the help guys !!

If you use midi, change the connection type to midi in Setup.

not sure about the ethernet problem. Check both jacks and the cable, or try another cable.

i have it changed to midi in the mfc and both are set to channel 1 in midi... anything else I am missing? still same results no preset names displayed at all

Doesn't the Axe also have to be set to midi or expansion (for ethernet cable) in order to communicate properly with the MFC? It's been a long time since I set up my II & MFC!

from what I understand the midi channels should match both unit's and be set to midi if using midi (which I have midi selected) the axe is set up exactly the same .. still no preset names...

Is the MFC set to Axe Fx Mode in the MFC Setup menu? Also, make sure it's set up for the II, not the Ultra or Standard.

I'm running out of ideas. What performance mode is it in, preset, song or set? Maybe at this point, since you bought it used, it might be worth doing a factory reset & starting over clean.
Restore factory defaults:
Power the MFC-101 while holding switch 11.

tried a factory reset already.. sorry I should have mentioned that, it is running in preset mode , still no luck with it, contacted fractal on it, hope to hear something monday... thanks for the help anyway !

got my axe fx II back today, hooked her up and the mfc works as it should, boots up etc... now to tackle why it doesn display preset names .... went through the set up and got it set up but still nothing... any ideas?

got my axe fx II back today, hooked her up and the mfc works as it should, boots up etc... now to tackle why it doesn display preset names .... went through the set up and got it set up but still nothing... any ideas?
Is the Axe mode set correctly on both the MFC and axe setup menus?

so far no luck, have it changing presets and scenes, but still no preset names....also notice that button #17 stays lit up red... not sure what thats about yet.

Back
Top Bottom