MFC Help: Chorus button works/lights up red/green on one preset, but no light on others?

SinglecutGuy

Inspired
AxeFx II XL and MFC MKii, both current FW.

Simple scenario...

Preset #6 has Comp - Drive - Amp - Cab - Chorus - Delay - Reverb. I have full sound, and it sounds great, but the button for Comp on the MFC does not light up red or green, it's blank, and does nothing when I step on it.

Preset # 7 has Comp - Drive - Amp - Cab - Chorus - Delay - Reverb. Same thing, full sound, except on this present, the Comp and the Chorus don't light up.

If I have my AxeEdit open, I can manually turn on/off each effect, and they work and come through, but still don't like up anything on the MFC.

I have multiple other presets where the Comp and Chorus are added in the effects chain of the preset and the MFC turns them on and off, but these two new presets don't even light up those two different settings on the MFC board.

This has never been an issue before...I was changing some presets around and making some new sounds, and these new presets don't seem to want to work out.

Thoughts?

Usually this would mean a different block instance is being used, e.g. Comp 2 in preset while IA is set for Comp 1.

Can you walk me through that? I do appreciate your quick response...I just have no clue what that means haha.

If you mean Chorus 1 vs. Chorus 2, or Comp 1 Comp 2, I don't think that's it, because I feel like I would have seen each of those being labeled with "2"s...

Can you walk me through that? I do appreciate your quick response...I just have no clue what that means haha.

If you mean Chorus 1 vs. Chorus 2, or Comp 1 Comp 2, I don't think that's it, because I feel like I would have seen each of those being labeled with "2"s...
Does it say “Chorus 2” though?

F9nRaQW.png

That's a screen shot of one of the presets. This one, the COMP works on the MFC, but not the Chorus.

Again, it doesn't even light up red on the MFC. If I manually double click it to turn it on, on AxeEdit, it "works" in that it comes through the audio, but still not even a red light on the MFC.

So assuming you have recently purchased the MFC used - the IA buttons for the preset in question (6, 7) on the MFC could be set to send Midi commands instead of using the Axe Mode capability. Maybe test by copying the non-working preset (say 6) to another slot (say 15), then go to that preset & see if they light up. If so I would assume it's not the preset.

Or maybe try a factory reset on the MFC.

So assuming you have recently purchased the MFC used - the IA buttons for the preset in question (6, 7) on the MFC could be set to send Midi commands instead of using the Axe Mode capability. Maybe test by copying the non-working preset (say 6) to another slot (say 15), then go to that preset & see if they light up. If so I would assume it's not the preset.

Or maybe try a factory reset on the MFC.
I did buy it used, but this was over 2 years ago, and I never noticed any issues like this until I recently started changing presets.

I will try a factory reset and see if that helps.

Really the issue here is, I'm not sure if it's an MFC issue, or an AxeFX issue. I have a friend who has an MFC board, I might try his. If it's the same issue, it might be the board.

Back
Top Bottom