MFC foot screws??

jdolll

Inspired
I'm looking to mount my mfc to a flat board by screwing through the board and I'm struggling to find screws that work for the threads... Does anyone know what the thread is on the screw used for the feet on the MFC??? I think that they are 6-40 but I cannot find any... I can order some but they are kind of pricey and I don't want to order the wrong ones. I'm not interested in velcro as a fastener for this application, I've done that before and was never really pleased with its stability. Thanks in advance for any information!!

Did you read the other posts on that link? all the info you need is there including a picture and a link to where to get the screws, that's how I set up my MFC, I hate velcro and used screws.

I missed the link in there... Shipping cost double what the screws cost. Unfortunately no choice though, thanks for the link!

I'm looking to mount my mfc to a flat board by screwing through the board and I'm struggling to find screws that work for the threads... Does anyone know what the thread is on the screw used for the feet on the MFC??? I think that they are 6-40 but I cannot find any... I can order some but they are kind of pricey and I don't want to order the wrong ones. I'm not interested in velcro as a fastener for this application, I've done that before and was never really pleased with its stability. Thanks in advance for any information!!

Here's a link to a post I made a few months back where I mounted my MFC to a piece of 3/8" thick plywood with ABS on both sides.
I used a 3.5 mm x 20 mm machine screw (Fastenal SKU# 0145079) and it worked perfectly! They're about $0.11 each.

Last edited:
I ordered mine from Fastenal for my original board set-up. They were a little pricey but they are a very rare screw so you will have to pay. I will check the size for you tomorrow. I ended up going with a pedal train and using dual-lock velcro and have no issues but I understand the screw thing.

Back
Top Bottom