MFC External Switch MIDI help needed

grumpops

Inspired
It's only three years since the axe was stolen and I just replaced it.
I was using a Helix Floor..NO...not in the same universe...it was OK, it was not an Ultra.
Now that I have the gear all back, in my infinite wisdom, I DID NOT keep the backup files of everything that I'd done...so I have to start over .
For whatever reason, and I had this the first time.
I am using a Mission w/switch and a Fractal EV1 for permanent volume.
Have the TRS adaptor, and one to each, switch one (wah by default) and the other line to switch 2.
That's for whatever I choose to use it for in a given preset.
Problem is...Midi for FORMANT bypass is 58 according to the chart on the axe.
So, Edit, Midi, scroll over to Sw2 set CC to 58 on Ch 1 and type Hardware
either that's not the right code, or I need to attach the switch to an external but, the Switch for the Wah isn't.

It's been a while and I just KNOW I'm missing something obvious at this point.
So, now it's time to ask another pair of eyes and pick someone else's head...cuz I simply FORGOT what the hell I did to make this work.
I've tried multiple T/S cables attached to the pigtails from the Switch....cable isn't the problem.
I know there's a setting I'm not making...and it's not exactly addressed in the manual.
I suppose I COULD (extra a a lot of everything) just assign an IA to the forment but..that's why I have the pedal with the switch in the first place..lol
Ugh.

Pro tip: make your post title relevant to your question/problem.

What specific Mission pedal? Recent SP-1 pedals require a TRS for the switch jack and expression jack (not sure if older do).

I have no idea why but it's in the manual...

Mission SP1, which does require the TRS plug.
TRS/TS spitter, to two T/S cables. Tip for switch 1 and Ring for switch 2.
I'm not clear why the switch isn't sending the CC58 on the ring. (Axe I/O tab says that's the bypass cc for the Formant)
I've tried multiple cables between the splitter and switch jack.
Not the issue.
I'm obviously missing a step and I'm eliding over it when I re read.
Sometimes just a different pair of eyes helps

Last edited:

What specific Mission pedal? Recent SP-1 pedals require a TRS for the switch jack and expression jack (not sure if older do).

The only reason I can see is, it's so you can send two different Bypass codes with the same switch.
I also changed the title to closely reflect the content of the post.

Last edited:
The only reason I can see is, it's so you can send two different Bypass codes with the same switch.
I also changed the title to closely reflect the content of the post.
The switch doesn't send anything. It simply opens (or closes) when pressed. The device it is connected to decides what to do based on the circuit opening or closing.

Yes, that's a good reason... but remember, you can also do that with an onboard MFC-101 footswitch by setting its Axe-Fx function to "NONE".
This turns it into a General Use MIDI-based IA switch.

TRS/TS spitter, to two T/S cables. Tip for switch 1 and Ring for switch 2.
I don't understand what you are using a splitter for or how you are connecting it.

Connect a TRS cable between the SP-1 expression Output and an MFC pedal jack.

Connect a TRS cable from the SP-1 switch jack to the MFC Sw1+2 or sw3+4 jack.

I don't understand what you are using a splitter for or how you are connecting it.

Connect a TRS cable between the SP-1 expression Output and an MFC pedal jack.

Connect a TRS cable from the SP-1 switch jack to the MFC Sw1+2 or sw3+4 jack.
I don't have a choice...the pedals only have so much room in the Stage V case.
I use a right angle TRS at the Pedal and have two T/s cables attached to them cuz..that's what it says in the MFC manual?
Sw 1 is defaulted to WAH...so Sw 2 I was using for the entire six years I had the II, was what turned on and off the talk box (Formant).
1685655804665.png

OMG found the problem.
Had to go to the Preset, -> Edit -> Preset -> Page to XS then select XS 2. SHUT OFF GLOBAL, and enter the CC 58...
Ugh..now it works..yay...damn....so frustrating I didn't keep any of the work I'd done and SAVED for this...got so pissed when it was stolen, knew I may never again be in a position to get another, and just deleted it all. Even sold the MFC and had to buy another one.
By the way..Helix floor, while a nice machine, is NOT in the same universe with this...lol
If I read the rest of that correctly, it also preserves my ability to use that same SW 2 to turn on or off items WITHIN a specific preset regardless of global setting..

Last edited:
Now I can clean that rat's nest up and put in the shorter cables.
I know there's fuzz everywhere...spring in the PNW..,lots of stuff grows here that uses air to move the seeds around...it's everywhere...lol
I vacuum the Stage V box out regularly..

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 7
It's only three years since the axe was stolen and I just replaced it.
I was using a Helix Floor..NO...not in the same universe...it was OK, it was not an Ultra.
Now that I have the gear all back, in my infinite wisdom, I DID NOT keep the backup files of everything that I'd done...so I have to start over .
For whatever reason, and I had this the first time.
I am using a Mission w/switch and a Fractal EV1 for permanent volume.
Have the TRS adaptor, and one to each, switch one (wah by default) and the other line to switch 2.
That's for whatever I choose to use it for in a given preset.
Problem is...Midi for FORMANT bypass is 58 according to the chart on the axe.
So, Edit, Midi, scroll over to Sw2 set CC to 58 on Ch 1 and type Hardware
either that's not the right code, or I need to attach the switch to an external but, the Switch for the Wah isn't.

It's been a while and I just KNOW I'm missing something obvious at this point.
So, now it's time to ask another pair of eyes and pick someone else's head...cuz I simply FORGOT what the hell I did to make this work.
I've tried multiple T/S cables attached to the pigtails from the Switch....cable isn't the problem.
I know there's a setting I'm not making...and it's not exactly addressed in the manual.
I suppose I COULD (extra a a lot of everything) just assign an IA to the forment but..that's why I have the pedal with the switch in the first place..lol
Ugh.
I have an SP-1 connected on my MFC-101 for the Axe2 XL+ long time ago but after I switch to a board and replaced with 2 FV-500H...I put the SP-1 on my Ax8...connected with 2 TRS cables...work flawlessly...one for Volume and when I switch for expression, mostly Wah...anyway you need to activate inside the MFC all the connectors for expression and switches, mine were off, only the 1 exp connectors was working and I nearly loose my mind changing cables and config inside the Axe...the thing was on the MFCMFC 101 MIII.jpg

Yes, I know that..but you can assign a CC to be sent when the switch closes...which is what I literally meant

Back
Top Bottom