MFC Expansion

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
The Axe FX II is an awesome machine. It offers a level of control that is insanely versatile. And while the MFC is a well thought-out machine, along with an FW update on the horizon, I would like to revive the subject of the expansion module for the MFC as it is, for me, a very critical piece of gear. In other words, I need more MFC real-estate!

Looper functionality, X-Ys, Presets, multiple delays and reverbs, modulation effects, drive blocks and their X-Y states, all add up to far more switches than can fit in the current 17 switches the MFC sports. And while we can make do or invent switching schemes to make things work, I am really looking forward to a hardware expansion unit which will make good use of the IA numbers already visible in the software but don't exist yet in hardware form.

That being said, I want to make a very strong case for the connectivity of this expansion unit. I suspect it will sport two RJ 45 connectors. One to come from the Axe, the other to go to the MFC 101. PLEASE make these connectors Ethercon. I know this slightly raises the price of the unit, but IMO this is a vital part of a pro unit.

I hope to hear from FAS that this is coming soon. It will certainly make the entire Axe experience that much more fantastic. (not to mention even more lights blinking on the floor!!!)

Although I do like the idea of the expansion and will more than likely get it when it comes out I doubt it will be ethercon. The axe doesn't have ethercon nor does the mfc having ethercon only on the expansion doesn't make much sense.

Liquid Foot + series - all expandable, and, I think, actually more powerful than Fractal's. You might want t check 'em out.

Although I do like the idea of the expansion and will more than likely get it when it comes out I doubt it will be ethercon. The axe doesn't have ethercon nor does the mfc having ethercon only on the expansion doesn't make much sense.

Actually it does. The concept of the expansion module, I am sure, would be for it to be equipped with an IN and OUT port. The IN coming from the Axe and the Out going to the MFC 101 (or vice versa depending on the logic and semantics). Having Ethercon does not preclude using regular cat5 cable. It would just make the Axe-Floor controller idiot-proof.

Makes no sense to me why they drop the ethercon of the Liquid Foot and move (backwards) to a regular RJ45 in the LF+ series. 4 expression ports with no switch ports seems a bit limiting as well. The multi-color screens & LEDs are slick though.

Back
Top Bottom