MFC-Edit Version 3.0 Released!

Thanks for the update. A couple of bugs (Mac OS X 10.10):

1. I have MFC-Edit Home Folder set to /Users/dave/Documents/Fractal Audio/MFC-101, but every time I start MFC-Edit it shows the following error message: "Couldn't create new map file /Users/dave/MFC-101/dumps/SongNamesMap.txt". The application should not assume a fixed path but honor the configuration setting.

2. The same goes for when downloading an update - it should not automatically create this path on its own but either honor the configuration setting or prompt where to save the file.

3. The application window title bar says MFC-Edit Version 0.0.

1. I have MFC-Edit Home Folder set to /Users/dave/Documents/Fractal Audio/MFC-101, but every time I start MFC-Edit it shows the following error message: "Couldn't create new map file /Users/dave/MFC-101/dumps/SongNamesMap.txt". The application should not assume a fixed path but honor the configuration setting.

2. The same goes for when downloading an update - it should not automatically create this path on its own but either honor the configuration setting or prompt where to save the file.

D'oh! Thanks. I forgot to remove the map code ;-). I'll look into the other issues also. Thanks a bunch.
-G

Actually, the mfc-home is a relic, and it refers to the location where the application is installed. It used to be relocatable but its not any more.
There is another property, the mfc-user-home, which could be used. I'm looking at this because it is misleading. Expect a fix sometime soon.
-G

I have emailed you Gary. I simply cant upgrade when I open my MFC-Edit (Ver. 2.0).
It's bought via Fractal so I hope that my email adress is valid.

I have emailed you Gary. I simply cant upgrade when I open my MFC-Edit (Ver. 2.0).
It's bought via Fractal so I hope that my email adress is valid.

Thank you pdup. I've emailed you a link to download from.
-G

I just uploaded an update to the server so you should be able to download it now. It should now follow the mfc-user-home setting.

I tried to install the new version on my Windows XP. It forces me to install Java 8 and exits. Java 8 is not fully compatible with XP. The former MFC-edit installed without problems.

On Mac Java 8 is absolutely a requirement, but on Windows Java 7 should work also. I can make you a special build if you want to try it. Please send me an email to mfcedit@fractalaudio.com with your correct email address and I'll send you a link the Java 7 build. Then please test and post in this forum if it works with Java 7, particularly the MIDI I/O to and from the MFC-101.
-G

Hey Gary. I just updated my MFC edit to version 3. IT updated, but will not run now. IT just tells me it can not find the old dump files, and when I click ok nothing else happens. I have tried running as admin, re installing etc...

Hey Gary. I just updated my MFC edit to version 3. IT updated, but will not run now. IT just tells me it can not find the old dump files, and when I click ok nothing else happens. I have tried running as admin, re installing etc...

I would guess that you relocated the MFC-101 folder from it's default location? I can't remember which OS you have, but either way, you can uninstall the app if you're on Windows and move the app the to Trash if you're on a Mac - it won't remove all your dump files. Then install the new version. If that doesn't work please take some screenshots and remind me of the OS, Java version and the version of MFC-Edit that you are removing and open a ticket for me. I'll take a quick look. Also, if you can get the main window up, go to the EXTRAS page and press the "View Error Log" button and copy/paste that info into the ticket.
-G

Back
Top Bottom