MFC-Edit Version 3.0 Released!

bwanagary

Administrator
We've been very busy for a couple of months incorporating the most requested feature enhancements for the MFC-101. And you don't even have to update your firmware :). This is more than an update – its a legitimate upgrade of MFC-Edit that you'll want to get your hands on. We have focused on your natural workflow in this latest version 3.0. We've made it even more powerful and at the same time even simpler to use.

MFC-Edit Version 3.0 is finally out. See screen-shots below!

• 25-character long Song Names – no more 7-character limit
  • Direct communication with the MFC-101 – no need to launch Fractal Bot
  • Copy/Paste whole Presets or only certain elements of Presets to/from other Presets
  • … and more …
The official editor for the MFC-101 is now even better. And the best of all, the update is free.

Capture your MFC-101 dump directly into MFC-Edit - (and transmit it back of course!)
SysEx_Receive_v3.0.jpg

And craft your Sets with friendly, 25-character long Song names
Sets with palette-v3.1.jpg

Rock On!

Last edited:
MFC-Edit should request if you want to perform the upgrade when you start the program.

I'm throwing this out there for anyone else who may have had a little trouble figuring out where to get the upgrade from.

It does exactly that, unless you're running a really old version before the startup check was implemented.
Please make sure that the "Check for update on startup?" checkbox is selected on the EXTRAS page.

If anyone else sees that behavior with a recent version please open a support ticket and I'll check to see if there's a bug.

You can always select "Check For Update" on the help menu to make sure.

Early adapter of MFC-Edit. Downloaded the official Fractal Audio version when it came out, and just tried to start the program to update it, and it's telling me a need a license key.

(Yes, this is the first time I've started the program in ages... Been really, really busy.)

Thanks Gary.

Early adapter of MFC-Edit. Downloaded the official Fractal Audio version when it came out, and just tried to start the program to update it, and it's telling me a need a license key.

(Yes, this is the first time I've started the program in ages... Been really, really busy.)

Thanks Gary.

Private message me your actual name and I'll resend the license key.

Last edited:
When clicking the MFC edit icon it asked me "new version available, do you want download... ?" I click yes, nothing happens.
If click no MFC-edit opens, I go to help clieck "check for updates" and it works from there... very strange.

Win7/64 (update from MFCedit 2.1)

Yeah, that was a bug in the 2.1 version where the online update was first introduced. Sorry about that.
-G

Now MFC-Edit v2.0 (build #1, 741). Windows 8.1 x64

Thanks for the info. I've sent you an email to your private email address, the one you used when you purchased the program. It has a link to the latest version. Please go to that link and download it.
-G

I have MFC-Edit Version 2.0, Build #1,741.

When I click Help -> Check For Update ... I receive the following message in a "pop-up" panel:

Code:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]MFC-Edit is up to date.
No update available.[/COLOR]

How do I get the upgrade to Version 3.0? Do I have to buy it again?

I have MFC-Edit Version 2.0, Build #1,741.

When I click Help -> Check For Update ... I receive the following message in a "pop-up" panel:

Code:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]MFC-Edit is up to date.
No update available.[/COLOR]

How do I get the upgrade to Version 3.0? Do I have to buy it again?

You don't have to buy it again. It's a bug in the very early (2.0 and 2.1) release where the online update didn't work.

PM me your email address or real name and I'll look it up and send you a link.
-G

Back
Top Bottom