MFC-Edit Ver. 1.3 Released

bwanagary

Administrator
MFC-Edit Ver. 1.3 released today, June 1st, 2014 MFC-Edit v1.3.jpg

Today I am proud to release MFC-Edit ver. 1.3 for the demanding MFC-101 user.

This release has a number of small bug fixes and a few user interface enhancements.
Most notable is robust support for MK-III and Firmware versions 3.1 and above.

Please go the the web site www.mfc-edit.com and download the latest version.

• Free upgrade for existing licensees
  • Free evaluation downloads
Thanks for your support.

Enjoy your equipment more :)

-Gary

NOTE FOR WINDOWS / NORTON AV USERS: The Norton Endpoint Protection doesn't know about mfc-setup yet because its so new. It might complain when you download it. If it does, just go ahead and un-quarantine it and run it anyway. I have submitted the program to Symantec/Norton for inclusion in their quarantine database. I don't know how long they'll take to process it and get it out there but the wheels are already in motion. Thanks to David for catching this!

Last edited:
Yea its not accepting the syx file I download from the MFC101 using Fractalbot latest version.

OS X users:

The MFC-edit website says "Requires Java 1.7 or newer to run MFC-Edit" -- but the Apple-installed Java that you get with 10.9.3 is only Java 6:

Code:
> java -version
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

To get Java 7 on your Mac see: Mac OS X Java 7 Information for installing and using Java

OS X users:

The MFC-edit website says "Requires Java 1.7 or newer to run MFC-Edit" -- but the Apple-installed Java that you get with 10.9.3 is only Java 6:

Code:
> java -version
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

To get Java 7 on your Mac see: Mac OS X Java 7 Information for installing and using Java

Confirmed and done. MFC-Edit still won't launch from either Finder or Launchpad.

Updated to ver 7x of Java.

MFC-Edit launches but when I try to load the syx I get... "Invalid file size 140897 for FW version 3.3"

Im using FractalBot for downloading it, and its version is 2.0.2

Its the same Fractal Bot version and the same midisport and the same cables I used on the previous version of MFC-Edit that worked.

The one I downloaded from my MFC-101 is the same file size as the "example file" (141kb) in the program, and the example file loads...

Ideas?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, especially the ability to work with MFC dumps generated with firmware 3.3 :)

Just a small issue with runmfc.sh for Linux: It fails with "Error: Unable to access jarfile ...", if the path to MFC-Edit.jar contains space characters.

OK I tried SysEX for downloading from the MFC. That file is the same 141KB in size. It won't load in MFC-Edit either.

Anyone get a new syx file to load after the MFC-Edit update?

Ensure that midi thru is "off". Seems counter intuitive but that was my showstopper.
I'm using Mavericks and the latest Fractal-Bot.

If it fails to launch, the launcher will put an Icon called "MFC-Edit" onto your Desktop. It has a picture of a Coffee Cup and the word JAR under it. Double-click that and it should launch. I am still troubleshooting the native MAC installer and sometimes it doesn't find the location of the "java" executable.

Please email to support@mfc-edit.com and I'll respond as soon as I can with details and some MAC debug instructions. Thanks.

There are only two valid sysex dump file sizes:

140897 for MK-I and MK-II and firmware versions up to and including 3.0
140915 for MK-III firmware 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3

If you have a file of any other size there was a problem with the transmission. When files refuse to load, go to the EXTRAS tab and press the "View Error Log" button. Look at that text for clues. Copy paste me that text and I'll take a look at it for you.

-Gary

P.S. Please email support questions to support@mfc-edit.com so as not to clutter up the Fractal Forum.

If it fails to launch, the launcher will put an Icon called "MFC-Edit" onto your Desktop. It has a picture of a Coffee Cup and the word JAR under it. Double-click that and it should launch. I am still troubleshooting the native MAC installer and sometimes it doesn't find the location of the "java" executable.

Please email to support@mfc-edit.com and I'll respond as soon as I can with details and some MAC debug instructions. Thanks.

It doesn't.

No icon on the desktop is very strange indeed. First time I'm seeing that. Please try the following command in a Terminal and email me the output to support@mfc-edit.com:

sh -x /Applications/MFC-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

Copy the output of that command and paste it into an email and send it to me.

Again, I'm really sorry its being difficult for you, but we'll figure it out. The java launcher on MAC is a known "bug" and it will be fixed very quickly.

Thanks
-Gary

No icon on the desktop is very strange indeed. First time I'm seeing that. Please try the following command in a Terminal and email me the output to support@mfc-edit.com:

sh -x /Applications/MFC-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

Copy the output of that command and paste it into an email and send it to me.

Again, I'm really sorry its being difficult for you, but we'll figure it out. The java launcher on MAC is a known "bug" and it will be fixed very quickly.

Thanks
-Gary

On its way.

Back
Top Bottom