• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

MFC-Edit v4.2 Released

bwanagary

Administrator
This new release of MFC-Edit has a few enhancements like detection of new Java updates on the Mac and the user can choose single/double-click on cells in the SETS page to drop down the list of songs, but its mostly a bug fix release related to drag-n-drop functionality.

See the release notes for additional information.

EricP1954

Experienced
When I open my current version of MFC-Edit ver. 3.5, I receive a message telling me that a download is available for MFC-Edit 4.2. I click the button, and a window comes up telling me that it is downloading the zip file to c:\users\eric\MFC-101, but the download doesn't go through. I checked the directory with file explorer and only the old version is there.

bwanagary

Administrator
When I open my current version of MFC-Edit ver. 3.5, I receive a message telling me that a download is available for MFC-Edit 4.2. I click the button, and a window comes up telling me that it is downloading the zip file to c:\users\eric\MFC-101, but the download doesn't go through. I checked the directory with file explorer and only the old version is there.
Go to the Help menu in MFC-Edit and check for update again. You may have been downloading it while I was uploading a new build.

EricP1954

Experienced
Hi Gary, I just tried it again with the exact same results.

When I first start the program, instead of the program opening, I receive a message that says:
CONFIRMATION!
An update is available for MFC-Edit.
You have version 3.5 Build #2774 installed
and version 4.2 Build #3225 is available.
Release Date: November 15, 2015
Do you with to download it now?
Yes/No

After I click Yes:

Then a new message comes up that says:
Downloading version 4.2, Build #3225
0%
File has been downloaded to:
C:\Users\Eric\MFC-101\mfc-edit-win.zip

But still I have checked and the new file is not in the specified directory. :(

A few other things I tried was temporarily disabling my antivirus, and I also changed the folder properties of MFC-101 to remove the read only attribute. No dice either way. I made sure that the license file was in the MFC-101 folder as well.

* Sent you a PM.

Last edited:

bwanagary

Administrator
Eric, please a support ticket with the contents of the "View Errors" pane on the EXTRAS page immediately after you attempt the update. That'll help me troubleshoot. I think I can see what the problem is already. The mfc-home folder should be C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\MFC-101 - the displayed name is missing the "Desktop" folder in the pathname. Open a support ticket please - I'd like to respect other forum users by not cluttering it with debugging :)
Thanks
-G

jyflorida

Experienced
Hi Gary, I just downloaded & installed the update. When I select a patch number, after I click the number, it increments by 1. In other words, if I click on 55, 56 appears after the dropdown disappears. I checked the Base Config tab & both the MFC & Axe offsets are "1" which is normal for me. Just for grins, I uploaded to the MFC & everything in my songs was off by 1. Thanks!

bwanagary

Administrator
Thanks. I've just tried nearly every combination and can't replicate the behavior. If you would, open a support ticket, attach your sysx file and copy the contents of your EXTRAS->View Errors page into the ticket.
Thanx

jyflorida

Experienced
Thanks. I've just tried nearly every combination and can't replicate the behavior. If you would, open a support ticket, attach your sysx file and copy the contents of your EXTRAS->View Errors page into the ticket.
Thanx

Thanks Gary. Ticket is 10396. Error text pasted into the ticket & sysex file attached to ticket.

Top Bottom