MFC-Edit v4.1 release October 11th.

bwanagary

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems' MFC-Edit version 4.1 has more helpful hints that popup to help guide users who don't use the MFC-101 day in and day out. It also reduces the amount of memory and CPU that it consumes and loads SysEx dumps a little faster.

Mostly the additions are geared toward the new MFC-101 owners who don't know all the details. Below is a screenshot of one of the popup "balloons" to help guide users - click to enlarge.

CONFIG_BASE_with_balloonTip.jpg

P.S. Yes, you can turn off the balloontips, on the EXTRAS page, once you know everything and they're just aggravating you :lol

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

thanks for constantly improving this handy tool! :encouragement:

Coming from 4.0.3046 some days ago I have updated to 4.1.3171 (OS: openSUSE 13.2 64bit, kernel 4.2.3-6.g29faced-default). Now I am getting the following java related error:

Code:
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/java/balloontip/styles/BalloonTipStyle
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Class.java:3048)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:3018)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1784)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(LauncherHelper.java:544)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:526)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.java.balloontip.styles.BalloonTipStyle
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
        ... 7 more

Java version is 1.8.0.60-15.2 (which worked for MFC-Edit 4.0.3046).

I assume the error indicates it is related to the new ballontips but I can't see how to solve the issue ATM - any idea?

Sorry about that Volt. You should have received an email with instructions on how to dowload the new LINUX package to remedy that. Please let me know if this solution works for you.
-G

Yep, with the balloontip-1.2.4.1.jar in the additional lib folder MFC-Edit is working again!

Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom