MFC Edit Questions

serge20261

Inspired
I have Purchased MFC edit,unfortunatly had to contact support as it was not accepting my registration,
they are waiting on me to install I viewer,so that they can access my computer to establish my registration failure. Apart from that,I've been looking at their trial version,can't understand why it's so complex is it me ? more then likely I am a noob,reading the manual just further confuses me,I'm not very good on all things computer. Couple of years ago I owned an RJM GT Mastermind,they had their own edit,
It was a breeze to use even for a utter noob like myself,so seemless. I believe that this software was developed by a third party,and deserves merit,I am not critiquing in anyway who am I to critique,just asking if it could be more user friendly for us noobs,I learn more thru watching video demos of products,but that's just me

serge20261;
I entered your Activation Key into your program and it was accepted and worked first time, as you saw.
I'm not sure why you were not able to enter it yourself, but you're good to go regardless.
-G

serge20261;
I entered your Activation Key into your program and it was accepted and worked first time.
I'm not sure why you were not able to enter it yourself, but you're good to go regardless.
-G
Thanks for that I don't understand why it was accepting it was trying for weeks.
I've tried connecting to the MFC,have no idea if I'm doing it correctly,this is what I have
The usb from the axe connected to my computer the MFC connected via Fastlink is this correct

to do a data dump you'll need to connect the MFC 101 via midi to the axe fx, not FASLink. you'll also need to temporarily set "send realtime sysex" to "None" (defult is "all") and set USB adapter mode "On" (default is "off") on the AxeFx's I/O midi page. MFC-Edit will display the steps as a reminder when you go to do the transfer, but it's functionally identical to these steps here for a fractal
bot backup, you just using MFC-Edit to record the data instead of Fractal-Bot.

http://support.fractalaudio.com/ind...le/View/23/0/mfc-101-backup-using-fractal-bot

Alternatively you could do the backup of the MFC via fractal bot and then open the .syx file in MFC-Edit

Oh, and at about the 5 minute 37 second mark of that demo video I posted Gary walks through the procedure for receiving an MFC data dump into MFC-Edit if'n you just want to follow along.

Oh, and at about the 5 minute 37 second mark of that demo video I posted Gary walks through the procedure for receiving an MFC data dump into MFC-Edit if'n you just want to follow along.
Thanks I'll give it a go,sooner or later I'll get a grip on it

I suppose I will ask my question here, it is not really clear from the purchase page but:

1. When i purchase MFC-Edit am I purchasing just the current version or do I also get updates?
2. I use multiple operating systems specifically, both Linux and OSX, though it says its a Java application, it asks for my OS from the drop down, is there a separate file based on the OS and if I purchase one can I download a version for my Desktop (Linux) and Laptop (Mac)?

Good questions. Here are some answers:
  1. Updates are free as with other FAS software products
  2. You can use MFC-Edit on multiple OSes as long as it is only you and you use only one at a time :). You can't automatically download all the OS versions but have to make a request through support to download the other versions so that we can keep track of them. It is a quirk of the online store that happens so rarely its not worth the effort to automate. Purchase any OS in the store and then create a support ticket for the other OS you want and we'll send you a link.
-G

Back
Top Bottom