MFC-Edit Owner's Manual - Read It Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unsure as to why the MFC EDIT I've just installed is not opening. I read the prompt to install a JDK and did so. Any help? I'm running a Macbook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.5

I am unsure as to why the MFC EDIT I've just installed is not opening. I read the prompt to install a JDK and did so. Any help? I'm running a Macbook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.5

This is, especially with older versions of MFC-Edit, a thing that happens when the program is closed (or the computer shutdown/rebooted) while MFC-Edit is minimized. When MFC-Edit restarts it goes to its last known location and size. Sometimes that is on a display that is turned off or no longer connected to the computer so although MFC-Edit is running, it is running "off-screen" or out of view. You can launch MFC-Edit as "java -jar MFC-Edit.jar -clear window_locations" from a Terminal or Command window and that will reset the window locations and sizes the same as if you had just installed MFC-Edit for the very first time. You will need to provide the full path to the MFC-Edit.jar file. On a MAC, you can open a Terminal window (from the Applications->Utilities folder) and paste this command: /Applications/MFC-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/mfc-edit.sh -clear window_locations.

If that doesn't resolve the mystery for you I would start by moving it into the Trash folder, move the installer into the Trash folder as well, then re-download and reinstall. If you still can't launch MFC-Edit then please open a support ticket and include a detailed description of the steps you're performing and what behavior you're seeing when the program doesn't launch. Screenshots are appreciated if appropriate. And BTW, you don't actually need the JDK, only the runtime, JRE.

Thanks brother! I'm up and running. I guess it was the java thing? In any case now to see what little damage I can incur. Sure is going to beat pressing all those footswitches...;)

Why does the manual not start with how to connect the MFC edit, as it instead goes right into what the program can do and assumes hooking up is obvious?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't have the Ac adapter as my unit never came with one which was purchased outside of USA through the appropriate distributor.
All I want to do is to experiment with changing the order/layout of the presets and various stomp effects/function switches on the MFC.
I know I can use the axe fx as a stand alone midi device, although I own a Unitor 8 as well.
Powering and connecting the MFC to send and receive midi dumps with MFC edit is not stated in the MFC edit manual, at least where I would expect to read it at the beginning. Do I really need to buy an appropriate power adapter? I own the latest versions of the axe fx and MFC.
Any help would be appreciated.

Why does the manual not start with how to connect the MFC edit, as it instead goes right into what the program can do and assumes hooking up is obvious?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't have the Ac adapter as my unit never came with one which was purchased outside of USA through the appropriate distributor.
All I want to do is to experiment with changing the order/layout of the presets and various stomp effects/function switches on the MFC.
I know I can use the axe fx as a stand alone midi device, although I own a Unitor 8 as well.
Powering and connecting the MFC to send and receive midi dumps with MFC edit is not stated in the MFC edit manual, at least where I would expect to read it at the beginning. Do I really need to buy an appropriate power adapter? I own the latest versions of the axe fx and MFC.
Any help would be appreciated.
Its in the MFC-101 Owner's Manual.

I bought it, but I won't use it, because there is no Chinese manual.The eventide's effector is basically Chinese and has a Chinese operation interface so I bought three H9 and another H9000.I would be grateful if fractal could do the Chinese translation well.

I bought it, but I won't use it, because there is no Chinese manual.The eventide's effector is basically Chinese and has a Chinese operation interface so I bought three H9 and another H9000.I would be grateful if fractal could do the Chinese translation well.
The Axe-Fx, Fractal Bot, Axe-Edit and MFC-101 manuals don't come with a Chinese manual either. Are you not using those?
斧-FX,分形机器人,斧,编辑和MFC-101手册不来与中国的手动两种。你不使用这些吗?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom