MFC Edit Not working in 10.12.3

mcgyver

Inspired
MFC Edit Not working in 10.12.3, I have version 7 installed. Launched it a time or two to try and start using it.
Now when I click on the application it does not even launch.
Checked the "preferences" in the user Library folder to try and trash them. Can't find an preferences related to MFC edit. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jamie

Open a support ticket please and provide Java version installed. MFC-Edit verision installed (if you know).
Thanks

Just typed the whole thing out in the support site after creating a password and setting up yet another account.
And the support site just hangs in Safari. On a different mac then the mfc-edit issues.
Very frustrating. I can't be the only one with this issue on mac os 10.12.3.

Thanks. Yes, you are the only one having this problem. If Safari hangs then there's likely a security setting or the support site is having trouble. Maybe a Mac guru on the forum has some ideas for this. For the other, please check the support ticket reply that was sent.

Java is disables in safari by default. you need to enable it in safari's preferences under security. you can turn it on per site or for all sites there.

Also being that MFC-EDIT didn't come from apples app store, by default OS X won't let you run it without changing security settings. Thats under System Preferences / Security & Privacy, the first tab General. Click the lock at the bottom of the window and enter user password. Then in the section Allow apps downloaded from: change to anywhere.

Also being that MFC-EDIT didn't come from apples app store, by default OS X won't let you run it without changing security settings. Thats under System Preferences / Security & Privacy, the first tab General. Click the lock at the bottom of the window and enter user password. Then in the section Allow apps downloaded from: change to anywhere.
Thanks Tom.

Thanks Tom. Security settings are set to "anywhere" this would be required to install it, which it already was. The program did launch and worked for the few times that I was trying to get a bulk dump from the MFC. I was successful in completing the bulk dump. Had a few permission errors while trying to save it. As you mentioned Gary, after I sent you the log file. I did delete and reinstall it from the installer.
Same issue. So we did confirm that other then the file it installs in documents. They're are no other application support files or preferences that need to be removed? Just so I know that I have a clean install? I seem to recall a "pre-binding issue like this once with Pro Tools and a client computer. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks Tom. Security settings are set to "anywhere" this would be required to install it, which it already was. The program did launch and worked for the few times that I was trying to get a bulk dump from the MFC. I was successful in completing the bulk dump. Had a few permission errors while trying to save it. As you mentioned Gary, after I sent you the log file. I did delete and reinstall it from the installer.
Same issue. So we did confirm that other then the file it installs in documents. They're are no other application support files or preferences that need to be removed? Just so I know that I have a clean install? I seem to recall a "pre-binding issue like this once with Pro Tools and a client computer. Any thoughts on that?
Look for my PM ...

Issue resolved. This was a permissions issue or a pre-binding issue. I remember I had this same issue with a client computer and a Avid system. They're is a utility call "Maintenance" from the makers of "Onxy Titanium Software makes it. You can download it for free. And run it in it's default set up after you copy it to your applications folder. After that I reinstalled MFC-Edit and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom