MFC-Edit Name Timeout Dilemma

I am trying to set up my MFC-101 with MFC-Edit as I need to start using it and I have completely revamped my Axe FX II XL setup with changes made over the last year. The 101 works just fine with the Axe FX but when I try using MFC-Edit I have a persistent Name Timeout error. I had programmed it many times before back a couple of years ago so it has worked historically many times. I have been through the list of solutions provided by MFC-Edit including trying a different version of every cable including my USBs and even 2 different USB - MIDI interfaces, a MOTU fast lane and an M Audio unit. I Axe FX MFC port is set to Fastlink (I don't understand that as I am using MIDI cables to connect to my MacBook but sure, whatever) USB adapter mode is On, Realtime SYSEX is set to None.

I was going to double check my drivers but suddenly can't get Fractal Bot to open (I recently migrated to Big Sur) but I am certain that my drivers had been installed and were up to date before when I used it.

Perhaps it's a Mac issue, but again I had everything set up previously so I assume that still communicates with the 101.

I have gone through the entire checklist, I believe I understand everything, and yet can't resolve the problem. Which means I can't use MFC Edit at all. And I have dozens of presets, some pretty complicated, and don't want to spend days and days trying to program everything manually through the MFC-101. Does anyone have any idea at all about what I might be missing?

Since I want to revamp nearly everything if need be I would even reset the MFC-101 to factory specs if that might solve the issue. But since I can't even load files onto it or dump from the 101 to Edit, I'm out of luck and kind of at the end of my rope. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

afaik MFCEdit is no longer supported as of a few MacOS releases ago - if you read back into old threads in the MFC forum I seem to remember some work arounds that might work which I was not that keen on so I just jettisoned the editor and now config directly on the MFC which is not that bad though some operations require a lot of repeated entry - but once its done its done.

afaik MFCEdit is no longer supported as of a few MacOS releases ago - if you read back into old threads in the MFC forum I seem to remember some work arounds that might work which I was not that keen on so I just jettisoned the editor and now config directly on the MFC which is not that bad though some operations require a lot of repeated entry - but once its done its done.
Aw shucks, Ok' I'll look for that. Maybe I can get it to run on a PC. I can do that. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom