MFC-Edit and Axe2 Assistance Needed - Assigning Controllers

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
I want to assign a single button on my MFC to trigger a whammy sweep up 2 octaves.
It was very simple to do on the Ax8 (Axe 8 Edit software allows me to assign any button to be 'Controller 2', then I go into the Edit Modifier menu and make the Control source 'Controller 2', make it a 'momentary' button, mess with the Dampening to adjust the sweep timing, and I'm done).

Trying to replicate this on the Axe 2, but am lost.
If I go into the same Modifier Menu in Axe Edit, I have a variety of 'Source' options (LFO, ADSR, Extern1-12, Manual A-D, Scene 1/2).
Let's say I pick 'External 12'.
How do I then (in MFC Edit) make one of my buttons trigger 'External 12'?

Or do I not use an 'External' controller? Do I use one of the 'Manual' Source options?

When I'm in MFC Edit, I see that I can change (let's say) button 6 to be 'Control'. But I don't know where to go from there. How do I define what 'Control' does when I step on button 6.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sounds like you're looking for a "wildcard" switch setup... so, assuming you want a switch on the MFC that functions as "External 12"...

1. Set the "Axe-FX Func" to "None" for the IA switch you wish to trigger the effect ("EDIT" button, "4/MIDI" button, "7/Page Right" button seven times, "UP" button till you get to the IA Number you want to change, "12/Parameter Right" button, then "UP" or "DOWN" til you get to "NONE")
  2. Then set it's "c1 CC#" to "27" (After you set the IA to "NONE", just hit "7/Page Right" once more to get to the IA CC setup, hit "UP" til you get to the IA Number you want to change, then hit "12/Parameter Right" twice to get to the CC# and then hit "UP" or "DOWN" to adjust the value sent to be "27")
  3. Press EDIT again to Save/Exit

Oh, and FWIW, that value of "27" being for External 12 is assuming you haven't ever changed the default value of that on the Axe-FX at all (you can confirm from the front panel by pressing the "CONTROL" button, then paging over to the "CTRL" tab and seeing what value is next to "EXT CTRL 12").

Back
Top Bottom