• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

MFC-Edit 6.0 released Nov. 16th, 2016

bwanagary

Administrator
We're delighted to release the first of a "2nd Generation" MFC-Edit. We've been paying attention to new users for a while and have begun the first phase of a more intuitive, less intimidating mode of configuring your MFC-101. With the addition of the "Visual MFC-101" component you can now visualize the changes that you make. Here's a screenshot below showing how changes made to the IASwitches or the Bank Size/First Preset Switch affect the configuration. Changes made to the IASWitches or Bank parameters on the CONFIG BASE page are updated in the Visual MFC-101 in real time. There's more information in the online Owner's Manual. We have more plans to evolve the editor in a more visually interactive way. Click the image below to enlarge it.
Visual-MFC-101-02.png
Remember: you can always capture a dump from your MFC-101 directly into MFC-Edit from the "Tools" menu and then popup the Visual MFC-101 from the "Tools" menu to see how its configured.

I hope you find this feature useful. It is available now for update from our servers.
-G

Last edited:

unix-guy

Legend!
Gary - I installed this last night on a Windows 10 computer and was looking forward to the visual mode.

When I tried it, I could see the "overlay" labia/outline) but there was no MFC image beneath it.

I tried checking the box for "opaque" but that didn't seem to make anything different.

I can grab a screen print tonight if this is not a known issue.

bwanagary

Administrator
Gary - I installed this last night on a Windows 10 computer and was looking forward to the visual mode.

When I tried it, I could see the "overlay" labia/outline) but there was no MFC image beneath it.

I tried checking the box for "opaque" but that didn't seem to make anything different.

I can grab a screen print tonight if this is not a known issue.
Yikes. No, not a known issue. Weird. I'll fire up my Windows 10 and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.
-
UPDATE: I just downloaded from the FAS update servers and the update installed and ran fiine. The MFC-101 background looked fine. Could you send me a screenshot please? Also, you should have MFC-Edit 6.0 build # 3,712. Do you happen to have an NVIDIA graphics card by any chance?

Last edited:

unix-guy

Legend!
Yikes. No, not a known issue. Weird. I'll fire up my Windows 10 and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.
-
UPDATE: I just downloaded from the FAS update servers and the update installed and ran fiine. The MFC-101 background looked fine. Could you send me a screenshot please? Also, you should have MFC-Edit 6.0 build # 3,712. Do you happen to have an NVIDIA graphics card by any chance?
I'll confirm everything and snag a screenshot tonight.

unix-guy

Legend!
Ok - here is a screenshot:

upload_2016-11-22_19-38-29.png

Video card is "Intel HD Graphics 4600".

Now, this is not a current dump - it is from a while back. I've attached the dump here in case in matters.

I will try to grab a current dump and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Kevin

EDIT:

I found a later dump from July 2015 which is version 3.07, no difference.

I then found the "stock version 3.08 mk III" and loaded that. It looks the same...

Attachments

• mfc-NEW-out.syx
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

bwanagary

Administrator
Ok - here is a screenshot:

View attachment 36281

Video card is "Intel HD Graphics 4600".

Now, this is not a current dump - it is from a while back. I've attached the dump here in case in matters.

I will try to grab a current dump and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Kevin

EDIT:

I found a later dump from July 2015 which is version 3.07, no difference.

I then found the "stock version 3.08 mk III" and loaded that. It looks the same...
Thanks Kevin. I think I see what the problem is. It was only working with the "Fractal Theme". Please look for a private message from me with a link to a new build. Once you can confirm that its working correctly I'll upload it to the servers for update.
-G

Char2000

Inspired
Thanks Kevin. I think I see what the problem is. It was only working with the "Fractal Theme". Please look for a private message from me with a link to a new build. Once you can confirm that its working correctly I'll upload it to the servers for update.
-G

Now that's customer service.

bwanagary

Administrator
Thanks for the heads up Char2000. I think I forgot to update the build number. I'll check into it and push up a new version.

bwanagary

Administrator
Gentlemen, a big shout out to you for your help! And particularly for attaching log files. I believe that the recursive update is fixed. There are two things that control the update prompt on the MAC - 1) The executing build number being lower than the number on the server, and 2) The "Log Level" in the File->Preferences->General tab. If the Log Level is set to 3 or greater then you will be prompted to update regardless of the versions. It's a failsafe way to force an update. Under normal circumstances the Log Level should be set to 0. Please check that the Log Level is set to 0 and perform the update. Let me know if it is still looping with the update prompt. I've tested on Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan and all updates work correctly.

bwanagary

Administrator
Hey, @bwanagary, still doing it. I tried values of 0 (Where i found it) to 4.
Best thing is to open a support ticket - something else going on. Include the OS version (the numerical version), the installed MFC-Edit version. When I see the ticket I'll give you more information. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom