• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

MFC-Edit 5.3 Update Not Installing

shawngs

Hi, I just opened MFC-Edit to work on my setup and it prompted me to update the software to 5.3. When asked if I wanted to update I clicked "Yes", it then downloaded, asked for the administrator password, closed the 5.2 version, I saw the mfc-edit.dmg drive appear on my desktop and then disappear. When I went to my "Applications" folder to open it, it prompted me again to update to 5.3. I tried this several times, rebooted, and tried some more but with no luck. Is there something I should be doin?

bwanagary

Administrator
I just uploaded 5.3 this morning so you might have run into a download while I was tinkering. I'll take a quick look. Are you on MAC, Windows or LINUX?

bwanagary

Administrator
I'm looking into it, but I need to move this to the software thread in the meantime, under MFC-Edit.

bwanagary

Administrator
Could you open a support ticket for me and copy/paste the file called "mfc-upd.log" from your Documents folder.
Thanks

Lax

Experienced
I can't update mine on win10, it's looping after launching it again, it's 5.2 and offering the update :/ (couldn't find the log file on my computer)

bwanagary

Administrator
You may have downloaded right when I was uploading the latest version. I just re-tested and it works fine on Windows 10. Please try again and open a support ticket if the problem persists.

bwanagary

Administrator
I suppose that I should mention that MFC-Edit v5.3 was released today ;-). Some minor enhancements and a bug fix.

Eddie

Hi, today I too tried installing 5.3 build 3479 and and error pops up in a window saying "cannot run program" error=2, no such file or directory" I'm running a mac OS X. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom