MFC-Edit 5.3 Update Not Installing

shawngs

Hi, I just opened MFC-Edit to work on my setup and it prompted me to update the software to 5.3. When asked if I wanted to update I clicked "Yes", it then downloaded, asked for the administrator password, closed the 5.2 version, I saw the mfc-edit.dmg drive appear on my desktop and then disappear. When I went to my "Applications" folder to open it, it prompted me again to update to 5.3. I tried this several times, rebooted, and tried some more but with no luck. Is there something I should be doin?

I just uploaded 5.3 this morning so you might have run into a download while I was tinkering. I'll take a quick look. Are you on MAC, Windows or LINUX?

I'm looking into it, but I need to move this to the software thread in the meantime, under MFC-Edit.

Could you open a support ticket for me and copy/paste the file called "mfc-upd.log" from your Documents folder.
Thanks

I can't update mine on win10, it's looping after launching it again, it's 5.2 and offering the update :/ (couldn't find the log file on my computer)

You may have downloaded right when I was uploading the latest version. I just re-tested and it works fine on Windows 10. Please try again and open a support ticket if the problem persists.

I suppose that I should mention that MFC-Edit v5.3 was released today ;-). Some minor enhancements and a bug fix.

Hi, today I too tried installing 5.3 build 3479 and and error pops up in a window saying "cannot run program" error=2, no such file or directory" I'm running a mac OS X. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom