MFC-Edit 3.5 Released

bwanagary

Administrator
Please see the release notes for more detail.

• It has a couple of requested features added and a bug fixed.
  • Most of the enhancements are around SONG and SET management.
  • Some PRESETS and MIDI command enhancements
  • Some general window positioning improvements.
  • When dropping a SONG from the Axe-Fx Preset List Palette, the Axe-Fx Preset number is now pre-populated for you into the first Preset position of the SONG.
  • Other miscellaneous improvements.

Last edited:
Added some features to the PRESETS and GLOBAL XP/XS pages of MFC-Edit. From the releasenotes:

Feature: Added “tooltips” to the CC# on the PRESETS and EXTDEVS pages for the External Switches and Expression Pedals. I have noticed a lot more users using more advanced features of the MFC-101 lately, including the external switches and pedals. It isn't obvious what the correct CC# is to control a given effect/action on the Axe-Fx, so I've included a mouse-over tooltip to both the drop-down list and the displayed CC# columns of the Ext Switch and Expr Pedal columns on both the PRESETS and EXTDEVS pages of the editor to help the user. Note though, these text names correspond to only CC#s sent to the Axe-Fx on the Axe-Fx MIDI channel. The text name for the Axe-Fx effect is of course worthless is the CC is being sent on a MIDI channel other than that of the Axe-Fx (Channel 1 by default).

There is some philosophical debate about whether external switches should control internal Axe-Fx functions or whether you should use the IA Switches for doing that - I'll leave that to your own needs and preferences.

Back
Top Bottom