MFC controlling more than just an Axe-Fx?

Flopro

Hi all,

Just been doing some digging around the forum but couldn't find anything on this....

Basically i'm using the MFC 101 to control my Axe FX XL+, but i'm curious, could the midi out of the MFC control other midi devices at the same time as controlling the Axe? For example the band i'm in are using a Behringer x32 rack mixer, you can program midi changes for scenes and FX...

So say i change a preset on my MFC/Axe, could this also change a preset to the x32? Would love to hear anyones ideas on this, just a random thought but could be a dead end....

Thanks in advance!

Yes.

Various options for what you want.

If you put both devices on the same midi channel then the connect the Axe Fx midi Thru to the x32 midi input, the x32 will follow every preset change.

Probably not what you actually want ;)

Put the x32 on a different channel, then set some buttons on the MFC to be "general purpose". You can program those buttons to send PC messages for the x32 on its channel.

See the MFC manual for details on general purpose switches.

I no longer have an MFC or Axe Fx II (I'm on Axe Fx III and FC-12 now), so this is from memory.

Yes. I trigger lighting rig changes. The MFC can be configured to send two midi messages for each preset change. One changes AxeFX preset. The other is passed thru the AxeFX, out of the USB socket, and into our lighting conputer. As said above, the second device is on a different midi channel.

Yes. I trigger lighting rig changes. The MFC can be configured to send two midi messages for each preset change. One changes AxeFX preset. The other is passed thru the AxeFX, out of the USB socket, and into our lighting conputer. As said above, the second device is on a different midi channel.

This is all very interesting, i didn't know the Axe was capable of passing MIDI messages from the USB port, think i'll have to experiment with a few things now! We've got two sets of lights that have MIDI, would love to have them going with songs/backings. - Will probably be asking lots more advice in the coming days!

As a band we're starting to look at doing more at gigs, don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a live band, but we'd like to be that band that puts that little bit extra to there gigs. Like lights, vocal fx and backing tracks for certain songs like 'Where The Streets Have No Name'

Happy to talk about it. I can’t remember any of the AxeFX or MFC settings, but might be able to work them out. The more interesting thing is about how much lighting management you can do with your feet without interfering with your playing.

I suppose my first point of call would be to find out some software to run the lights/backings tracks, maybe even send MIDI changes to the AXE - Could save me thinking about changing presets so often. And then find the CC#/DMX values of the Behringer mixer, Axe, lights and anything else. Found this for the mixer, will need to see what i can come up with when i get home, i'm new to the world of midi so could take a while!
Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom