MFC controller and Boss FV500H WAH autoengage acting wacky- need basic tutorial again

Lkdog

Power User
I must have done something wrong is setting this up. :(

Autoengage works on some presets and not on others.
Have my Boss plugged into EXP2 on the MFC.

Can someone walk me through the basics again. I always struggle for some reason to get this setup right.
Using nothing but stock presents after a FW upgrade to 11.05.

Thanks.

You have to set this up for each preset. The way it has to be when the MIDI CC is so powerful and customizable.
I found I prefer the Autoengage set to 95% so it turns off when left in the toe position.

You have to set this up for each preset. The way it has to be when the MIDI CC is so powerful and customizable.
I found I prefer the Autoengage set to 95% so it turns off when left in the toe position.

It has to be setup for each preset?
It seems that before that as long as a preset had a Wah block in the chain-(preset 19 for example), the Autoengage would work.
I didn't have to do anything special.

When I go into the stock presets where it does not work (Euro Blue Modern), the modifier source for the Wah is set to none.
After I go in and change it to Extnl 1, all is well.

It seems like the stock presets themselves are just buggy in a few instances?
One had an FX Loop thrown in the chain for no reason and I would get no sound.

modifiers need to be set up for each preset. you can't just setup one, expecting all the other presets to somehow have the same modifier information.

what if you wanted to control a wah in one preset, and then volume in another?

You also might like to try different curve settings, as well as different wah types and taper values for different presets/amps. If you feel like a certain setting suits you, then copy it to your other presets with the effect copy procedure.

You also might like to try different curve settings, as well as different wah types and taper values for different presets/amps. If you feel like a certain setting suits you, then copy it to your other presets with the effect copy procedure.

Yeah, I see it defaults to the Clyde. Will try different ones.

I am just happy to not have the noisy Dunlop pedal I used to use before. :)

Back
Top Bottom