MFC changing presets on Roland GR-30

strat714

Experienced
I'm using my MFC-101 to control my Axe FX II and also control a Roland GR-30 guitar synth. I have the hold function of the Roland controlled with XS-1 and it works well, but everytime I switch the program on the Axe the MFC also changes the program on the Roland. I've tried turning off Ignore redundant program changes on the Axe, but that doesn't work. Is there an easy way to tell the MFC to NOT send a program change through to the Roland? I would like to be able to use a Rolls MP-128 to change the program on the Roland and still use the MFC to trigger the hold function. Connecting the Midi out of the Rolls to the Midi in of the Roland works, but then the Hold function can't be controlled by the MFC. I'd like to send Midi out from the Rolls to Midi in of the MFC and then Midi out of the MFC to midi in of the Axe and Midi out of the Axe to Midi in of the Roland and use both the Hold function (with the MFC) and the program change (with the Rolls). Complicated question, but maybe someone has some insight. I think I may have sprained my brain.

What do you mean by "changing things back"?
Well, I don't want presets 1-17 to be exactly the same. The instructions say to copy preset 1 to 2-17???

Temporarily set BANK SIZE to 17.
Turn off all PCs in preset 1.
Edit: COPY PRESET 1 to preset locations 2 through 17.
Edit COPY BANK 1 to bank locations 2 through the end.

Also, What is meant by "through the end"??

Back
Top Bottom