MFC Availability 2013?

And that disagreement surprise me every time. There's not a lot of evidence that this practice significantly extended wait times when they did it with Standards. There's not much indicating that it made a big difference in delaying purchases of AxeFX IIs. Not only should it not be surprising that FAS is doing this, the experience of the past three+ years doesn't seem to indicate that it has much effect on wait list times.

What does surprise me is the scarcity of people complaining about paying the premium shortly before the waitlist ended. Seems like there are a few folks who grouse about just about everything else FAS does.

thanks for your input aleclee, this interesting information. I have been a super happy Axe Fx user since the very early days of the first Standard.
But for whatever reason I never ran into this issue, and again, I am not complaining about it, I am just trying to understand their policy as it does appear to be misleading.

I did buy an AXE II a while back and I was on the waiting list. Did they indeed have a two tiered price system for the AXE II like they do now for the MFC where buyers willing to pay top price jump the queue on the wait list?

Please explain why you arrived at the conclusion that what they are doing is "perhaps" unethical. Thanks.

I don't think it is, and the term i used is simply to clarify the mislabeling of feelings of others, ie, confusing "feeling sleighted" with "being illegal."

What FAS chooses to do is perfectly within their right, regardless of whether someone agrees, understands or approves. My point was, and is, they aren't doing anything wrong.

Raze

Last edited:
Perhaps a better word for "unethical" might be "sleazy" or "opportunistic." Ah, better still, capitalistic.

In fact, the term i should have used in the original post is "immoral." I stand corrected.

Raze

Last edited:
Don't you think it is time to end this discussion. Fractal Audio is working very hard to ensure everyone will get a midi controller. If I was the moderator I would ban some of these members enough is enough. They are feeling the pain just as much as everyone waiting relax for awhile. Maybe you should be playing your guitar instead of posting nonsense.

Don't you think it is time to end this discussion. Fractal Audio is working very hard to ensure everyone will get a midi controller. If I was the moderator I would ban some of these members enough is enough. They are feeling the pain just as much as everyone waiting relax for awhile. Maybe you should be playing your guitar instead of posting nonsense.

And you are posting becaaauuuse???

Because the forum is designed to communicate information as needed to help with peoples needs. It isn't meant to be a place to argue and fill it with negativity. Why are you posting?

And you are posting becaaauuuse???

I imagine he posted for the same reason I did... because I checked this thread to see if it had any concrete information regarding the availability of the MFC and you have to wade through several pages of posts arguing about the ethics, legality and morality of the way Fractal is distributing the units with very little real information in between.

FWIW I still think it has more to do with the logistics of the store than with any unethical or immoral desire to price gouge. It really seems to me that the way they would have to do it otherwise is to set up private, secure links for everyone on the list and that just seems like a real pain...

but then again, I have an Axe-FX II in front of me and an MFC-101 at my feet. Was just checking this thread to see when my buddy might expect to get his MFC. Go ahead and continue with your debate! :bull_head:

If you feel you have to know the reason for they have done call them and ask them. I spoke with them several times on the phone and they are a great sales and customer support team.

If you feel you have to know the reason for they have done call them and ask them. I spoke with them several times on the phone and they are a great sales and customer support team.

Umm... is that directed at me? Because I don't really care what the reason is and am completely comfortable with they way they do it.

I was on the waiting list for the Ultra a few years ago and that's the way it was and I didn't mind waiting my turn. I was on they waiting list for the II and that's the way it was. Again, I waited my turn. I was also on the waiting list for the MFC at one point and have one now. I was just commenting on what makes sense from a web storefront and logistics point of view to try and make others realize that there may be another side to the story that they aren't considering. It may not be the reason they are doing what they do, but it is probably a contributing factor.

Because the forum is designed to communicate information as needed to help with peoples needs. It isn't meant to be a place to argue and fill it with negativity. Why are you posting?

Yet you are telling us what we post is nonsense, which has a negative connotation, does it not? Why aren't you playing your guitar instead of posting?

We are not robots, but human being with opinions. If this was strictly for informational purposes only, no one would be a member, and FAS would only post what they think is important, rather than opening up to the community to inquire and also contribute what they think is important as well.

Obviously there is know way to stop with the BS so I guess I really shouldn't have tried. peoples posts are only a reflection on themselves, they must realize it looks like all your doing is bitching. I am not saying people shouldn't post I'm saying people should post things that are not bashing the company that builds the product we all love so much.

Last edited:
Alright everyone, let's take it down a notch here. :)

I apologize if I fueled this fire. We all have the right to express our concerns, whine, moan, bitch, complain. And we all have the right to tell those complaining to stop complaining.

I hope we can do it in a respectful way. There's room here for everyone's views and opinions, without being disrepectful.

Again apologies if I came off that way. :)

I agree the main things is fractal Audio makes us all happy and I believe they are working hard to make that happen. I know I am really looking forward to ordering the midi controller and the Axe FX II. For the record I was just trying to help resolve where this post was going. I'm sure Fractal had good reasons for handling everything the way they are and as long as we all get one its all good. I spoke with them a couple times and was told the component issue has been resolved and the next shipment will not be far behind this last one. Lets hope nothing changes this.

Obviously there is no way for you to stop with the BS so I guess I really shouldn't have tried. Your posts are only a reflection on you, you must realize it looks like all you're doing is bitching. I am not saying you shouldn't post I'm saying you should post things that are not bashing the company that builds the product we all love so much. Good luck to you man I hope you can resolve your anger.

LOL clearly you haven't read ONE of my posts. I'm the other side, buddy. LMAO, I'm not the one complaining about FAS at all. READ my posts.

I think it is more akin to price gouging than bait and switch. either way, fractal has done this several times and it doesn't seem have any real negative impact among their customers. still strikes me as the wrong way to go about a limited supply.

I think it is more akin to price gouging than bait and switch. either way, fractal has done this several times and it doesn't seem have any real negative impact among their customers. still strikes me as the wrong way to go about a limited supply.

You're flat out wrong. Price gouging is forcing everyone to pay a higher price. This allows them to work their way through the wait-list, but if somebody absolutely needs one now, they can pay a premium.

Kidsfeet, I was not pointing the finger at anyone merely trying to defuse the people bashing Fractal Audio. I am sorry if you feel I offended you. You are the one who asked me and you are posting because? Its should be obvious that these posts have gotten out of control. I was only trying to put the post back on the track it should be on. When we will be able to purchase the midi controller. According to Fractal Audio they will be getting a delivery fairly quickly behind this last shipment. They are testing and shipping as fast as they can and have promised everyone they will get one. I did not mean to seem like I was attacking at you I am sorry if it seemed that way. If you are on the wait list I hope you get one this time around. I did not get on until the beginning of April and they told me I had a 50% chance of getting one this first time around. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom