MFC and Ultra ~ XL ~ XL+

mwd

Power User
A little late to the party on the MFC 101 Foot controller. First will it work with the Ultra and is there any functionality lost on the Ultra?

Next is I have a XL and may add or replace units with XL+ models. Can one unit be adapted to work on all of these models and if so... how so? Thanks.

yes.

there is a setting in the set up menu on the mfc to select which axe fx unit you are connecting it to. Plugging the mfc in to the ultra will not take any ultra functions away.

Reactions: mwd
So if I bought a new unit I would have to get adapters for the XL? ... or can it be run with straight MIDI cables. I'm seeing that how it must control the Ultra.

I started watching tutorials and noticed you can assign as many buttons as you want to 'presets'. Can you assign any preset you want to a button or is it 1:1 like button 1 is preset 1?

I'm pretty sure it could be MIDI mapped but considering it has an editor I wondered if you could drop any preset you wanted to a particular button.

I started watching tutorials and noticed you can assign as many buttons as you want to 'presets'. Can you assign any preset you want to a button or is it 1:1 like button 1 is preset 1?

I'm pretty sure it could be MIDI mapped but considering it has an editor I wondered if you could drop any preset you wanted to a particular button.
In normal Axe Fx mode operation I don't think so unless you are using Set List mode.

You can do preset mapping on the Axe Fx, but that's a PITA...

Normal operation uses sequential banks (of Bank Size) presets.

Back
Top Bottom