MFC and MC6 setup both to AXE II

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone ever do this? Thinking the Morningstar MC6 to be used for dedicated fav presets and either looper and/or scenes

I assume MFC out/thru > MC6 > Axe FX II

Wish i remember where i read but something about not being able to use Ethernet with MFC when using in conjunction with another MIDI controller that is downstream from the MFC?

I have an FMC phantom midi power. 1000 - 1500ma. Use this to power the MFC and another 7 pin from MFC > MC6 for power. I want to maintain bidirectional communication for IA states. Thoughts? considerations?

thanks in advance

When you use the MFC to control an AxeII you can connect the Axe with a Cat5 cable and connect the MC6 with a midi cable. Works fine and reliable.

When you use the MFC to control an AxeIII the midi input on the AxeIII is the only way to connect the MFC, so there's no input left for the MC6. I tried both units in every way to allow for a midi thru, but I didn't get it running. It works fine with a midi merge (m-audio 2x2), but I hate that much of cabling and that I need 3 power supplies.

Honestly the III is a step back in that regard. For now I plan to go on gigging with my II and the III has to stay at home until I find a solid solution.

Back
Top Bottom