MFC and External Pedal Tuner?

Loopback777

Inspired
I have a strobe pedal tuner that I really like. Is it possible to incorporate it into the MFC? I know there's no audio going through, so I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask. I run wirelessly through a L6 G90.

My next question would be, if it's not possible, are there any suggestions on how to set it up so that I can use the pedal?

I hope this hasn't already been answered. I ran a search and couldn't find it.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "I have a strobe pedal tuner that I really like. Is it possible to incorporate it into the MFC?" What pedal are you using and how do you want to incorporate it? Can't you put the pedal between the guitar signal & AF II? If your trying to use the tuner pedal and the MFC tuner button, I don't have an answer.

FWIW I was using the Peterson StroboStomp II and I loved the pedal for its accuracy. After getting the AF II and some testing, I found the AF II to be equally as accurate. I no longer own the Peterson tuner. It may be worth experimenting.

Last edited:
I had the same question with the TC polytune. But is it worth running another power supply just for that? Not really but I do like the polytune I think its a pretty good tuner and I've got pretty familiar with the display. I did see Pete Thorn using the MFC-101 and a polytune but he had an extra power supply attached to his pedalboard. Think it might be more trouble than its worth lol

I have a planet waves tru-strobe. I don't want to use the MFC's button. I was hoping there was some way that the pedal tuner could work off of the mfc (maybe like an effects loop?). I wouldn't even mind running it off the internal battery as I use rechargeables. And, like I said, I'm running wirelessly, so i couldn't really place it between the guitar and the axe fx conveniently.

There is no audio signal running through the MFC so you need to run audio cable from the wireless receiver or Axe-FX out to the tuner. That is what I plan to do with my TC Polytune.

I have a strobe pedal tuner that I really like. Is it possible to incorporate it into the MFC? I know there's no audio going through, so I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask. I run wirelessly through a L6 G90.

My next question would be, if it's not possible, are there any suggestions on how to set it up so that I can use the pedal?

I hope this hasn't already been answered. I ran a search and couldn't find it.

I run a L6 G-50 Wireless, and it has a Tuner Out, doesn't the LG-90 have that too? That might be the best way to use it, so you don't have to run your audio thru the tuner. Just use the Mute switch on your transmitter to mute the audio while tuning live.

I suppose I knew enough to know it wasn't possible (MIDI not audio), but every once in a while someone comes up with something that doesn't seem possible on these boards. Thanks for the responses. And DigitalTube, the G90 does have the Tuner Out. It's been buried in the rack so long, I didn't even think of it. That's what I ended up using. Thanks. I have a patchbay on the rack for a headphone mixer (the rack doubles for live recordings and studio), so I used one of the isolated throughs. Easy to connect and disconnect. I just hate having that one extra cable on stage.

Back
Top Bottom