Bug? MFC always switching to Amp Y

Theurge

Without changing anything on the MFC, all of a sudden while I've been playing, it appears to be automatically switching my amp block X/Yto Y (on all presets). My amp x/y switch on the mfc doesn't indicate it has done this, it stays green, but I can press it twice (Y-red, the X, back to green) which moves the amp back to X. I can save the preset as this, but moving to another preset and coming back to it, it stays on X for a second, then switches to Y. Again, no indication on the MFC it has done this.

I have unhooked the MFC, and I can recall the presets and it stays on the intended X/Y with no change.

I don't have any modifiers, external pedals attached to amp X/Y, and have disconnected Axe-Edit, USB to the axe etc. Tried turning on and off again!

Running FW 3.08 on MKI, and Quantum 8.02 on II Mark II.

Oh, and I'm playing live tomorrow at 9am GMT tomorrow! Any help would be very appreciated!

I've also tried getting rid of Amp X/Y assignment switch on the MFC. Still happens. I've tried moving from Ethernet cable to Midi cable. No change

I can't imagine that this is really a bug.
Could some non-Axe-Fx footswitch be sending controller 100 (AMP 1 X/Y)?
Or maybe you changed the AMP 1 X/Y setting away from CC#100 in the I/O Control menu?

It was a problem with a left over external pedal assignment to AMP X/Y from an earlier time. I went into the MFC menus and turned all the external switches to off. I actually figured this out before I read M@'s reply, so I am a super-smarty pants ;). Thanks, though M@, appreciate it.

What I don't understand is that I had no actual switch attached, hadn't changed any settings on the MFC for weeks, and hadn't had any problems with it for all that time, even earlier today, until it suddenly started 'phantom switching'. A problem with external switch socket?

Maybe you changed your preset... If the value the switch was sending corresponded to the saved setting, the problem would not appear.

It was happening to all presets, even factory ones. I didn't change any of the CC numbers on the Axe menu either. All's well that ends well though. I can't be bothered to think about it anymore, got click tracks and other gubbins to sort out before bed. Cheers M@.

Back
Top Bottom