Wish MFC 201 features

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
The MFC 101 mkiii I have access to regularly is fantastic. There are just a couple things I can think of that would be awesome for the next hardware upgrade.

1. Audio Loops. A lot of MIDI switchers are also audio loop switchers, so it would be cool if there were 4 to 6 audio loops (TRS jacks would be fine to save space). Then you'd also need audio input and output jacks, but it would also be sweet if it could transfer digital audio to/from the Axe FX via FASLINK. That would probably require a hardware upgrade on that end as well - and something like an I/O menu option to switch the FX Send/Return from Input/Output 2 to FASLINK. That would simplify the setup tremendously for guys using extra pedals with their Axe FX.
  2. Press and Hold switches for XY and extra functions. It's interesting that one switch (top right) can already do this to access the Looper Controls. I wonder if it's just a firmware update needed.
  3. LED scribble strips. The 3rd party magnetic labels are great but it's hard to argue against the look/feel of the Mastermind GT.
That's it. I'm doing a gig this weekend with the MFC on a Pedaltrain Pro in the space where a once-my-invite-drops AX8 will live, and these thoughts came to mind.

My #1 wish would be a editable display like the RJM Music "Mastermind GT" has, or the FS Liquid Foot+ ....
As I am using a lot of different presets/scenes for U2 covers instead of switching on and off single effects that would help me a lot.
In fact as thats missing its my only reason why I am not buying a MFC-101 currently.

So +1 for your
LED scribble strips. The 3rd party magnetic labels are great but it's hard to argue against the look/feel of the Mastermind GT.

Back
Top Bottom