1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

MFC 101: will it be discontinued AND buying used vs new/direct?

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by jdiz86, May 11, 2018.

1. jdiz86

jdiz86
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I plan to get the MFC-101 mkIII in 2-6 months...

Should I be concerned about the MFC getting discontinued within this time frame?

Also, I'm located in Canada, and when searching for the MFC used, it is listed higher than direct from FAS. What is up with that? Reverb and Ebay. Not much available either. Any recommendations on where should I be looking for used options?

2. cob666

cob666
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I also noticed a bunch of used controllers on eBay that are going for well above the cost of a new unit direct from Fractal. Most of the high priced controllers appear to be from sellers in Japan.

I also live in Canada and I'm thinking about getting and MFC 101 in the next few months and the with the current drop in price, I don't see a real reason to buy a used one just to save $100 dollars.

3. jdiz86

jdiz86
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Ya, so I'm a total noob on this site, and realized there is a buy and sell section in the forums shortly after posting. I had someone reach out to me quickly after posting too trying to sell me their MFC with additional pieces of gear yadayadaya. The offer was $450USD. That plus shipping plus the duty for crossing the border didn't really make sense. I think I'll just buy new as well.

cob666 likes this.