MFC-101 Wait List Update Report

quark

Experienced
What do you guys think about maintaining a thread that gives us some idea of where Fractal is on the MFC-101 wait list. Perhaps people could post an update if they've received an invitation and their position on the wait list was atleast one month later than the previous poster. This would give us some running idea of where we are on the wait list without creating a thread that got too large.

I think some people have already received an invitation, so if they would be so kind as to post the date they got on the list, that would start things rolling. The next poster should be someone who got an invitation but joined the list atleast a month later than the first poster.

On the list 7/10/2008. Got the coupon email last week. I am 'coming back' after a few years... I have an Ultra coming with it. I sold my first ultra a while ago and thought I would try again. The MFC-101 email was the tipping point for me to try again.

On the list August 1, 2008, got my email on March 11. Got my MFC last Thursday :D Now if someone could just stop me from buying guitars and such, my wallet would appreciate it.

so, how long is the waiting list if I ordered today?
three years is a long time to wait for a midi controller.

The wait list is for a discount code on the MFC that Fractal will email you. For all I know, the MFC could've been little more than an idea or 2 scribbled on cocktail napkins and vaporware when I got on the list. I will say that it was more than worth the wait for it to come to fruition as it does everything I would ever want a foot controller to do.

You don't have to get on any wait list now. If the MFC is in stock you can buy it with no discount. And even at the full price, the MFC is well worth it, IMHO.

I think this thread is a good idea, but the info it provides is somewhat disappointing -- I joined the list in early March 2010 and I kept thinking that it would only be a matter of days or weeks before my coupon arrives, but come to find out that the folks now receiving their coupons joined the list like a year and 8 months before me. I guess I won't sit by my computer waiting for the email, and it seems fairly likely that my tax refund $ will be allocated elsewhere by the time my number is up. (I'm sure this is very significant to you.) If I weren't so dad-blamed cheap I'd go ahead and buy one at full price but it would just kill me to do this after waiting so long. Ah well, it's good to have things to look forward to in life.

On the list 7/10/2008. Got the coupon email last week. I am 'coming back' after a few years... I have an Ultra coming with it. I sold my first ultra a while ago and thought I would try again. The MFC-101 email was the tipping point for me to try again.

On the list August 1, 2008, got my email on March 11. Got my MFC last Thursday :D Now if someone could just stop me from buying guitars and such, my wallet would appreciate it.

Confirmed on the list 7/2/08, but still no email.

noneal, You should send Fractal an email, it looks like they skipped over you....

I did, but I did not hear back from them. I might wait a bit and retry, but I don't want to be pushy. I certainly don't feel like they owe me anything, but I would love to get the email as I am ready to buy.

hmmm .... looks like the list moved up about 8 months in about 1 months time ... maybe there is hope :)

I do not understand this whole list thing... I went onto the web site to buy one they did not have them in stock and a few days later they did so I bought one and had it in no time. I have had mine for 2 months now and never put my name on a list.

I do not understand this whole list thing... I went onto the web site to buy one they did not have them in stock and a few days later they did so I bought one and had it in no time. I have had mine for 2 months now and never put my name on a list.

The wait list was for the announcement and a discount.

Update - I emailed again and they sent me the discount code. He said I was marked as notified, so maybe it got filtered out by my junk mail filter. I ordered today. Can't wait!

Update - I emailed again and they sent me the discount code. He said I was marked as notified, so maybe it got filtered out by my junk mail filter. I ordered today. Can't wait!
Glad to hear that you've gotten your discount code ... you've waited a long time ... Fractal is certainly a stand-up outfit ... enjoy your MFC!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom