MFC-101 v3.06 released

Great that the feature to move presets to a different place has been implemented (and in the exact way I suggested :)). Too bad that it won't work on the mk2 I have, but having already moved the internal cables I already had the feature a while now :).

Could the owners of the original/Mark II units maybe have an unpopular feature traded out for the new patch switch assignment capability? Like, for example, maybe we could trade the part of the firmware that allows us to send totally custom 8 or 16-bit (can't remember which) strings of MIDI data?

I would love to see us all agree on one and the same "unpopular feature" to go ;)

I guess this stuff happens all the time for high tech products. There comes a time when new software doesn't "fit" into old hardware anymore..

I have just got a Mk3 but haven't even plugged it in yet due to concentrated rehearsal/practising for short notice gigs after a long lay-off - so will be using my old rig until my sphincter is back in control and can mess about with monitoring for the Axe etc.

Question: If I move the presets up a row or 2 what will the Reveal switch do?

So, for those with MFC MKI and MKII versions, the switch reassignment is currently not supported, correct? If this is the case, will it ever be possible on the MKI and MKII versions?

So, for those with MFC MKI and MKII versions, the switch reassignment is currently not supported, correct? If this is the case, will it ever be possible on the MKI and MKII versions?

Right now, no. And believe me M@ was really bummed they couldn't figure out a way to fit it in.

AxeFX II Mk1 and MFC-101 Mk1 here.

It looks like there's no reason to bother upgrading my MFC-101, correct?
(This would be fine with me as I have everything set up just as I want it).

I have just got a Mk3 but haven't even plugged it in yet due to concentrated rehearsal/practising for short notice gigs after a long lay-off - so will be using my old rig until my sphincter is back in control and can mess about with monitoring for the Axe etc.

Question: If I move the presets up a row or 2 what will the Reveal switch do?

Temporarily change preset switches to IA switches like always.

Hopefully. I really hope we aren't done with getting updates for the MKI and II's.....

Ouch............Did you hear that? that was the sound of my Mark ll becoming far less valuable. Never really gave the Mark lll a second thought, until now. Trading up is gonna hurt.

"We unfortunately cannot fit this feature into original/Mk II firmware...."

Though I am definitely bummed out,.....I'm sure FAS has looked into every conceivable way possible....and no go.

Would be a great gesture if FAS would make available parts that allow original MFC owners to swap out parts to achieve this.

In my opinion this is the number one request.

Thanks FAS for trying however!

Just keep in mind that people who need this feature are going to be very vocal, while those who don't need it probably won't say anything.

I'd guess that majority have gotten used to not having this feature or have never needed it and use bank size 0 and/or have no problem with the preset starting on switch 1.

MK II owner here. Wouldn't mind having this feature too... but I can live without. No reason to upgrade though :)

I was reading the O.P. and was so dang excited, then I got to the end.............oh well, thanks for trying:encouragement:

the next best thing for me would be if the MFC had the option to be always in "Reveal" mode. (see the MFC wish threads)

For example; Step and hold the "Reveal" switch to enter "Preset" mode, select a preset in the current bank or use the "Bank Up" or "Bank Down" switches to select a different bank and then select a preset. After a preset is selected, the MFC automatically reverts back to "Reveal" mode.

After "Scenes" were added this seamed like a logical option?

Since I upgraded to 3.06 , my MFC-101 Mark III behaves strange.
My first switch changes to preset 1, but when I push the second switch, it changes now to scene 2 instead of preset 2, switch 3 to scene 3 and so on....
The MFC never did this before.
The reveal switch doesn't help.
Anyone an idea how to put it back to "normal" ?
I just want the first 5 switches to select presets as it did before.

Does this FW update offer any benefit to people using MFC Mk1/2 with AF2?

Not that I can see

If you have a AF2 XL and a Mk1/2 MFC then you would benefit from the Expanded Tx Mapping

I think the thing to do now if you're a MFC Mk1/2 owner is make sure you have a backup of the 3.05 MFC firmware stored away for future use as it sounds like Matt was intimating it will be taken down from the support section in the main web site and replaced with the 3.06 version.

The 3.06 version can still be loaded into a Mk1/2 MFC but if it offers no benefits (IE you have a AF2 and not an XL ) then why risk it? Let the XL and MFC Mk3 users test it and expose any missed bugs etc. before deciding if you want to load it.

Maybe 3.07 will have updates that benefit all MFC/AF2 versions/combinations and will be worth loading at that point .....

You have to realize that if you own a Mark I or II of the AxeII and MFC that the end of the road is in sight as far as future stuff, and I'm in that boat. We just be happy to have a great unit and deal with it. Can't keep Techy stuff from advancing. Sad but true I guess that in the computer world your always going to be left behind at some point. I still love my Axe Mark I and MFC mark II, I plan to sell mine someday and upgrade when I feel its necessary but right now i'm cool with what I have, Still beats my old amps!
Just my thoughts:) Dont kill me.

Back
Top Bottom