MFC 101 update ?

well ive emailed them twice. Should I get a Reply ?

Saw the Doobie Brothers Live in Atmore Ala last nite, Great show
No amps or cabs on stage. One of the Doobies was using a Line 6 Pod xt live pedal board and the Line 6 Varic Guitar.

Clean sounds were good, Dirty sounds OK.

But it sure didnt compare to my axe fx Ultra. I figured those guys could afford what ever they wanted :ugeek: :ugeek:

wnlively said:
well ive emailed them twice. Should I get a Reply ?

Saw the Doobie Brothers Live in Atmore Ala last nite, Great show
No amps or cabs on stage. One of the Doobies was using a Line 6 Pod xt live pedal board and the Line 6 Varic Guitar.

Clean sounds were good, Dirty sounds OK.

But it sure didnt compare to my axe fx Ultra. I figured those guys could afford what ever they wanted :ugeek: :ugeek:

That doesn't exactly mean he was using the POD for his sounds, he could of just been using it as a controller for the Variax. I use my XTL or X3 (when it is working) as a MIDI controller for my Axe-Fx. If I'm using my Variax (700 hardtail), I can use it to not only power the Variax, but also switch guitar settings when I change a patch. Works very well, but I don't play the Variax much. I use it some for alternative tuning songs and some songs that switch to acoustic and back to electric. The acoustic settings actually sound a bit better than running my piezo equipped acoustic through the Axe-Fx. Not sure why, but still need to do some tweaking.

Well he played the line 6 guitar the whole concert. never owned the line 6 guitar but i have owned the pod xt live.
In my opinion thats what I was hearing. Kind of suprising that he didnt have better gear. When I saw the Doobie Brothers last
most every amp on stage was a Mesa Boogie.

Maybe they spent their Gear money on Doobies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am on the brink of giving up...

Nothing new for a long time, and no information on a date when the first MFC will be shipped.
Maybe I should just take the plunge and buy a Ground Control, because I know that the MFC will be out within days after I get another midiboard (my usual luck).

What would you recommend?
1. Behringer FCB
2. Ground Control Pro
3. All Access

What would be the major difference in waiting for the MFC compared to any of the above mentioned (besides seing the tuner)?
Is it worth the extra money and all the wait?

I will gladly support Fractal/Atomic by buying the MFC, since I got an Ultra and a Fratomic, but I have gigs coming up and need a footcontroller pretty soon.

Cheers!
- jonah

By Murphy, the MFC will be available the exact day you pay for another floor controller.

Same logic as :
If you want it to rain, wash your car

charles5150 said:
By Murphy, the MFC will be available the exact day you pay for another floor controller.

Same logic as :

I know!
So you guys should just chip in and get me a Ground Control! =)

- jonah

charles5150 said:

Same logic as :

I figured that was what would happen when I bought a Ground Control Pro a few months ago... I figured maybe I'd be doing some folks a favor :lol:. No big deal to me though, I fully intend to pick up an MFC when it becomes available and then I'd have the option of keeping the GCP for any future "back up" needs, or selling it. Having more than 8 IA's and the convenience of being able to plug in 3 expression pedals into the foot controller rather than 2 in to the GCP and 1 directly into the Axe would be VERY nice.

I really need more than a LF Jr for my needs... thought about getting a LF Pro, but then I'd have to buy a bigger pedalboard too, which I wouldn't need when the MFC-101 came out, plus I'd likely lose lots on the LF Pro for just a short time...

I'll just keep rockin' the LFJR 'till it does finally come out... I hope the Mission SP1-LF still works with the MFC101!

I'm still holding out. The fractal guys told me at the austin amp show that the foot controller would be ready in 60 days. the show was in early March sometime, making earlish May the 60 day mark. They sounded confident to me.

MAY 1st

:!:

...ok, that's just my latest guess, I don't know anything ;) Tom seems to like to announce things on the first of the month.

Back
Top Bottom