MFC-101 unresponsive after Quantum update

EJB

Total noob when it comes to the MFC and expression pedals. Got them set up perfectly watching Chris's videos but of course forgot to uplug when I updated the Axe to Quantum and now it powers up/displays but will not work to control anything on the axe. Is there s/t I can do to remedy the situation - hopefully without a complete reset of the MFC so I can retain my settings? :nightmare:

It is TOTALLY unresponsive?
There are some cases (mine included) that it does not respond to scene changes or block state changes but it does on preset change. Once you switch a preset it start to work normally.
There are another cases that are similar to mine, but they don't have any sound coming from the Axe until they switch to another preset. I do have sound though.

I don't think that's caused because you didn't unplug the MFC when updating. Unpluggin it is to avoid The MFC send data while you're updtaing the Axe to prevent a corrupted FW update.
I have updated to Quantum twice, both with MFC unplugged and I have a similar problem... Again, not totally unresponsive, just to scene and block changes until I switch the preset is loaded on start.

This is the thread another user started in the MFC sub-forum. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...sonding-after-quantum-update.html#post1249603

EDIT: My setup is Axe-FX II Mark I Quantum v1 and MFC Mark III latest Firmware.
I don't know if it's just an Axe-FX Mark I/II thing. What's your setup?

Last edited:
When I first turn on the Axe and try to turn on the tuner with the MFC nothing happens. I find that I need to select a preset ( on the MFC ) then everything works as normal.
Axe FX II Mark I and MFC-II

When I first turn on the Axe and try to turn on the tuner with the MFC nothing happens. I find that I need to select a preset ( on the MFC ) then everything works as normal.
Axe FX II Mark I and MFC-II

What happens if you power up the Axe first then the MFC?

It is TOTALLY unresponsive?
There are some cases (mine included) that it does not respond to scene changes or block state changes but it does on preset change. Once you switch a preset it start to work normally.
There are another cases that are similar to mine, but they don't have any sound coming from the Axe until they switch to another preset. I do have sound though.

I don't think that's caused because you didn't unplug the MFC when updating. Unpluggin it is to avoid The MFC send data while you're updtaing the Axe to prevent a corrupted FW update.
I have updated to Quantum twice, both with MFC unplugged and I have a similar problem... Again, not totally unresponsive, just to scene and block changes until I switch the preset is loaded on start.

This is the thread another user started in the MFC sub-forum. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...sonding-after-quantum-update.html#post1249603

EDIT: My setup is Axe-FX II Mark I Quantum v1 and MFC Mark III latest Firmware.
I don't know if it's just an Axe-FX Mark I/II thing. What's your setup?

Yeah - totally unresponsive - no scene or presets. I'm MKII quantum - haven't ever updated the mfc though

Fixed - powered on the axe without the MFC and then after plugging in the MFC everything was back normal! You guys rock - Thanks!!!

Haven't been able to play much lately, but tonight I can confirm that I am experiencing this issue. Latest FW's all around. Change patch and back to resolve.

AFX2 MkII and MFC MkII.

Still the best damn music purchase I've ever made...

Back
Top Bottom