MFC 101 Tuner

Woland

Inspired
Hello I have the MFC 101 mark I, and while the tuner on the AxeFXII's screen is accurate (thanks especially to the ball) the tuner on the MFC is slow and very approximative… to the point I have to relay to a peterson clip tuner.
Anyone is experiencing the same thing?
I don't know exactly what firmware I'm using, will it change something if I'll do the upgrade?

Thanks

The MFC display is not as hi-res as the one on the Axe-Fx itself. Not suited to fine-tuning.
But it does the job IMHO.

Accurate tuning also depends on how you tune. Using a soft attack (thumb) and the neck pickup helps to to keep the tuner stable.

It works ok as long as the stage area is fairly quiet. I find as soon as there's any kind of drumming you might as well forget about using the MFC tuner.

It works ok as long as the stage area is fairly quiet. I find as soon as there's any kind of drumming you might as well forget about using the MFC tuner.

I was under the impression the AFX picks up the signal from your guitar and displays it on the front panel for tuning. It also can relay MIDI data to the MFC for tuning. Internal display updates should be much faster than the MIDI updates, but I don't understand why drumming would effect the tunning via the MFC.
If the drums are effecting your guitar, then both the front panel and the MFC should display the same drum inducing signal. I have found it's a good idea to try and deaden the strings are not tuning with some tuners if you are in a noisy environment, or if you have very sensitive pickups.

Back
Top Bottom