MFC-101 SP-1 + Axe II XL - What am I doing wrong

So I just picked up a Mission SP-1 and an MFC-101 MkIII to use with my Axe II XL, read the top threads that came up on the search associated with pairing it with the Mission SP-1 as well as the YouTube Tutorial titled Setting up the "Axe-FX II XL, MFC-101 MK III, and Mission Engineering SP-1"

I have mine set up exactly as it is in the video. Everything works independently (I have tested the expression pedal directly into the Axe and it works fine, just not with the MFC) and the MFC-101 MkIII works fine, but I can't seem to get the SP-1 to communicate with the Axe through the MFC-101. When the wah block is on (through Axe-Edit) it stays on, and neither the footswitch nor the treadle change any parameters, although I was able to calibrate the controller with the MFC-101.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot? As far as I can tell, the CCs are correct, the pedal is calibrated to the MFC-101, the MFC-101 is communicating with the Axe, the Offsets are all the same... what am I missing?

When you say the SP-1 works when plugged into the Axe, you have the wah control set to Pedal 1 right? If so, you need to change that setting to Ext 1,2,3 or 4 depending on which pedal jack you have it connected to on the MFC.

When you say the SP-1 works when plugged into the Axe, you have the wah control set to Pedal 1 right? If so, you need to change that setting to Ext 1,2,3 or 4 depending on which pedal jack you have it connected to on the MFC.
Okay, so for my wah block, how should I configure the controls for bypass and for the treadle? And do I do that globally or per patch?

Update: I solved the problem. Instead of using the external switch, I used the second expression pedal input to toggle the wah on and off. This worked well.

Back
Top Bottom