MFC 101 - Price? European availability

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
OK - so I know this is a little speculative at present - but any idea on price for the controler, and if availability in Europe will be the same as the US, or at a later date?

Im asking cos I have the opportunity for a cheep Rocktron All Access - Though I'd much rather have the FAS controler.

Also given the £/$ rate prices in UK are already 25% more than if the controler had been released 2 months ago. Add to this the possibility that US pre-orders will be satisfied before shipments to Europe are made then that may change things too.

Basically, If the price is gonna be in the $600 range with EU availability the same as US then thats fine (whenever that release is). If however its gonna be nearer $800, with a delay in availability to EU of a couple of months - maybe I have to think aout the Rocktron.

The only think I CANT do is get the Rocktron now, AND the FAS when its released.

Jacques (G66) said, it would be around 599 €. Availabily? :?: I´m on the waiting list and bought a Ground Control Pro and 2 Ernie Ball volume pedals 1 month ago. Works fine ... until the MFC is here.

Was that before the $ became so strong? Obviously G66 have to pay in $

i,ve been on the list since July myself - no idea how far up though!!

Euro 599 would work out at about £480 - which is good as i budgeted up to £550. That said, if the price rises by the 25% the $ has risen, that makes it nearer £600 which is a little high maybe. guess I'll have to see.

A GC Pro is £380 here, while a Rocktron All Access is normally £850 !!! - though I have a line on one for £300.

It was one month ago. Don´t know, when the dollar is/was strong. :roll: The All Access is 999 € and the GCP is 459 € here in germany.

Well, at the end of August (when I bought the axe) the exchange was £1 to $2, now its £1 to $1.55. Ok this is £/$ but the Euro is roughly the same against the £ now at around 1.24-1.8 Euro to £1.

That said, a mont ago exchange was around £1 to $1.80 so who really knows what the final price will be !!!

paulmapp8306 said:
The only think I CANT do is get the Rocktron now, AND the FAS when its released.

I reckon you can. I think you can buy the All Access at that price you mentioned and then sell it in a few months or so for about the same amount. I think the FAS is still a few months away.

I was hoping the mfc'd come before the dollar would change=) Now I'll lose a good wad of money when switching from AllAccess to MFC....gotta get it though=)

Sheeesh, you guys think you got it bad. I'm an Icelander and we are in the deepest recession this country has ever seen.

I really want the mcf(mainly because Cliff said it would fit in a rackdrawer) but because of the recession it looks like i would have to spend mucho cash for the controller. :cry:

Sucks being stuck on a small island. :(

Ikarus said:
Sheeesh, you guys think you got it bad. I'm an Icelander and we are in the deepest recession this country has ever seen.

I really want the mcf(mainly because Cliff said it would fit in a rackdrawer) but because of the recession it looks like i would have to spend mucho cash for the controller. :cry:

Sucks being stuck on a small island. :(

Yeah, and add to that those crazy shipping costs... UPS charges over 200 Euros to ship a floorboard from "Europe mainland" to Iceland!
(I know, because Mugison uses an LG-X for his amazing live shows ! :cool: )

mranonimouse said:
paulmapp8306 said:

I reckon you can. I think you can buy the All Access at that price you mentioned and then sell it in a few months or so for about the same amount. I think the FAS is still a few months away.

OK - So I took the plunge and bought the Rocktron All Access for £300 (thats around Euro 375, or $465). It was my first choice anyway before the FAS controler cane into view. As far as I can see the only things Im gonna miss out on are the tuner at my feet (though I have a Korg DTR1000 in the rack anyway at present) and auto patch naming.

For the money I dont think Ihave a bad deal.

Well see when the FAS is available and the price - then make a decision on selling teh Rocktron or not.

In the meantime - anyone havew any pointer for any known problems with this controler ? (Midi powering, CC footpedal wiring etc).

Cheers - Paul

I've got an All Access with an Ernie Ball Jnr Controller plugged in to it that I use to control the Axe-FX.

Can't think of any issues off of the top of my head.

SPAM!!!!! Sombody please get rid of this. I guess it was only a matter of time. Damn I hate these advertisement spam wankers.

Ikarus said:
SPAM!!!!! Sombody please get rid of this. I guess it was only a matter of time. Damn I hate these advertisement spam wankers.

I got the spammer and banned it and deleted it's posts. They had 20 before they got caught and I just lost 10 minutes of my life to fixing the damage (and I am not sure I got them all).

We are on it. I've made a suggestion to have a new verification system in place like we use on TGP to head this off.

Scott Peterson said:
Ikarus said:

I got the spammer and banned it and deleted it's posts. They had 20 before they got caught and I just lost 10 minutes of my life to fixing the damage (and I am not sure I got them all).

We are on it. I've made a suggestion to have a new verification system in place like we use on TGP to head this off.

Good job Scott, I would have loved to have been able to stop it myself but I lack the internet forum skills.

If anyone can point me in right direction for learning about how to defend our great forums please pm me. Thanks :)

Ikarus said:
Scott Peterson said:
Ikarus said:

Good job Scott, I would have loved to have been able to stop it myself but I lack the internet forum skills.

If anyone can point me in right direction for learning about how to defend our great forums please pm me. Thanks :)

PM me or email me for discussion on this.

Back
Top Bottom