MFC-101 Pics from LA Amp Show

raz said:
I'm laughing my a** off, Stilwell. I went through the thread twice, and it just doesn't seem like anyone's listening.

Stilwel has said twice now that there were NO MFC-101's with blue displays at the show. None. Zip. Nada. The apparent blueness of one display in the pictures is a fault of the camera.

IT WASN'T REALLY BLUE!

No....that's NOT what I was saying at all!!! ARGH!! :D

There's clearly a disconnect here, so let's define something before I go on.

LED (Light Emitting Diode) - the small green lights near each footswitch to show the on/off status of the switch.
LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) - the larger green or blue alphanumeric display that shows patch name and number.

The MFC has green LEDs near each switch. They were either on or off, no dimming or anything fancy when they were off.

There were 2 MFC's there, one has a green LCD, the other has a blue LCD. If Cliff says he's only offering it in green, then that's a shame, cuz the blue looked BADASS!

Scott Peterson said:
Even if it doesn't do the Liquid Foot thing (which is UBER cool and UBER useful FWIW) even my lowly All Access lights up all the LED's dimly so you can see them, even if not to show the state of anything, but to show you where it is on the floor. I am hoping, against hope, that the MFC does something along those lines.

I seem to remember, somewhere (though I might be VERY mistaken obvously), that Cliff noted some sort of function along those lines and thought I'd ask from folks that have seen the thing in real life is all.

I get you that the LED's were ALL green. Cool. But are they all on/off or off/dim/on? (It's just a question, not a test!) :D

I hear ya...but I think they were all or nothing, simply on or off.

stilwel said:
Scott Peterson said:
Even if it doesn't do the Liquid Foot thing (which is UBER cool and UBER useful FWIW) even my lowly All Access lights up all the LED's dimly so you can see them, even if not to show the state of anything, but to show you where it is on the floor. I am hoping, against hope, that the MFC does something along those lines.

I seem to remember, somewhere (though I might be VERY mistaken obvously), that Cliff noted some sort of function along those lines and thought I'd ask from folks that have seen the thing in real life is all.

I get you that the LED's were ALL green. Cool. But are they all on/off or off/dim/on? (It's just a question, not a test!) :D

I hear ya...but I think they were all or nothing, simply on or off.

Thanks; that's what I was wondering about and asking. (Cause I already knew the diff between LED and LCD. ;) :D )

stilwel said:
No....that's NOT what I was saying at all!!! ARGH!! :D

Yeah, I just had a bad case of brain gas. Sorry. Here, could someone help me pull my foot out of my mouth?

well...that is a bummer regarding the LED's....i have a LF Pro and was thinking of selling
to get this since I like the smaller profile...but the led thing is a must have in my book...otherwise, how will you know what effects are available in the chain (liquid foot lights red when an effect is in the chain, yet bypassed at the moment, then green when active) ...I must be missing something as I would think this would be a basic feature......

boleary2 said:
well...that is a bummer regarding the LED's....i have a LF Pro and was thinking of selling
to get this since I like the smaller profile...but the led thing is a must have in my book...otherwise, how will you know what effects are available in the chain (liquid foot lights red when an effect is in the chain, yet bypassed at the moment, then green when active) ...I must be missing something as I would think this would be a basic feature......

+1

The LF Jr. is too small for my needs and the LF Pro is too much for my needs. My hopes were that the MFC-101 would be somewhere in the middle and fit my needs perfectly while providing the cool features of the LF units along with some Fractal ingenuity. Here's hoping some of the specs change between now and when they release. Otherwise, I'll probably wait and hope LF comes up with a unit in between the Jr. & Pro.

Chad said:
The LF Jr. is too small for my needs and the LF Pro is too much for my needs. My hopes were that the MFC-101 would be somewhere in the middle and fit my needs perfectly while providing the cool features of the LF units along with some Fractal ingenuity. Here's hoping some of the specs change between now and when they release. Otherwise, I'll probably wait and hope LF comes up with a unit in between the Jr. & Pro.

+1
This is exactly my thoughts.

Chad said:

+1 here as well - verbatim what I am feeling

In the meantime I am stuck with my Midimate :(

The MFC-101 has bi-color LEDs but that part of the functionality was not working for the show. In Axe-Fx mode the LED is red if the effect is present in the routing but bypassed. Turns green when engaged. LED is off if effect not present.

FractalAudio said:
The MFC-101 has bi-color LEDs but that part of the functionality was not working for the show. In Axe-Fx mode the LED is red if the effect is present in the routing but bypassed. Turns green when engaged. LED is off if effect not present.

Rejoice! :cool:

This is getting more exciting every day.. Also looking for something between the two LF variants.

FractalAudio said:

NICE....

Thanks for clearing that up.

I hope this doesn't throw a curve at anyone, but in regards to the lights, for those of us that are color blind, green, red, it really doesn't matter, but are the lights on the switches assignable? In other words, I only need them to either be on or off, I don't need to know if the effect is there and off. I build my patches like I do my pedal board, if I want it, I step on it. I build the patch with the effect in the chain, and if I want on, I step on it and all I need is a light showing that it's on. Can this be achieved with the MFC-101?

thanks

FractalAudio said:

And the angels sang, the clouds parted and honey dripped from the clouds. It's a good day. :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

FractalAudio said:

Saaaweeeet!

My mind is now made up. LF Pro is too big... Jr is too small... Fractal is juuuust right. With multi-colored LEDs (not LCDs lol).

Im gonna need to sell a guitar to fund this. Anyone interested in some Vintage Kramers? Proaxe, Nightswan, even got a Kramer 1984 model...

I remember the days when I had expendable cash on demand. Wasnt too long ago. :(

At least Im not lusting after the Fratomic cab... unless everyone starts gushing after using them.

ckofahl said:
in regards to the lights, for those of us that are color blind, green, red, it really doesn't matter
Some controllers use mono-colored LEDs with different brightness levels (off / dim / on). Not quite as fancy, but at least you just gave a valid reason to do it that way ;-)

FractalAudio said:

Wow - all my dreams comes true, I'm on the list :D
Thanks to Cliff & his team for the open ears and hard working to satisfy our wishes.

Back
Top Bottom