MFC-101 original MIDI thru

Hey,

I went at this "problem" about a year ago, and wasn't able to solve it, so I thought I'd give it another go as things might have changed with firmware etc.

So, here goes...
I have the MFC-101 original floorboard that I'm using with the Axe-FX II mk 2. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a MIDI device via the MFC -> Axe-FX to another unit receiving the MIDI data? I just want to use the MFC and Axe-FX as MIDI thru units. I'm connecting the MFC via the expansion port using a CAT-cable to the Axe-FX. The reason I want to do this is so I don't have to run a MIDI cable to the rack.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Not possible with the cat cable.
You can use a 7pin midi cable then build a y midi cable on the mfc side in order to use a midi merge gear and merge the mfc's midi out and your 3rd party midi device into the 7pin midi cable back to the axefx.

Using the a 7 pin midi cable and the phantom power adapter is out of the question.
Oh well, I hope they get this sorted in future firmware updates as this function should be available.

So wait, if you have an MFC-101 connected to the Axe-Fx II via CAT5 cable, you can't just connect another MIDI cable from the Axe-Fx's MIDI Thru to the other device's MIDI in?

What about with the newer MFC-101's with FAS link? If you're going MFC FAS Link -> Axe-Fx II FAS Link, can you pass MIDI messages from the MFC through the Axe-Fx's MIDI Thru connection?

So wait, if you have an MFC-101 connected to the Axe-Fx II via CAT5 cable, you can't just connect another MIDI cable from the Axe-Fx's MIDI Thru to the other device's MIDI in?

What about with the newer MFC-101's with FAS link? If you're going MFC FAS Link -> Axe-Fx II FAS Link, can you pass MIDI messages from the MFC through the Axe-Fx's MIDI Thru connection?

I need the MIDI signal to go thru the MFC as well, as the MIDI signal is coming from another device that I'd like to connect via the MFC's MIDI input and route it through the Axe-FX II and to the input of another device if possible.

Back
Top Bottom