MFC 101, or Liquid Foot+ Jr+, or LF+12+

Lkdog

Power User
Am interested in possibly getting one of these three MIDI controllers above.

Any thoughts on these for the AXE FX II with the new features in FW 9.0?

I am sure the MFC 101 will handle it all, but the separate LED displays per switch on the LF models is attractive.

I presently have a FCB 1010 with the Eureka chip. Pretty nice, but am thinking I want to try something else.

Thanks for any input.

can speak from experience with liquidfoot stuff.. had a jr now have a pro, sooner or later will one of the newer ones, maybe not as i love my pro. Top notch stuff, totally programable.

can speak from experience with liquidfoot stuff.. had a jr now have a pro, sooner or later will one of the newer ones, maybe not as i love my pro. Top notch stuff, totally programable.

So they can do anything the MFC 101 can do?
Any big advantage to the LF+12+ having the 12 buttons over the LF+Jr+ with 8 buttons or does the 8 switches give you enough to work with

Thanks.

EDIT: Wow. Just spent some time on the LF website and forums, the tutorial videos, etc. The gear look nice, but complicated as he11.

Last edited:
I belive they can do more.. the MFC is geared toward just the Axe (can work with other stuff, but it's primarily geared for the axe). If you are new to midi pedal boards, and deep programming, the Liquidfoot stuff can be a bit of a challenge. If you want a really plug and play experience i'd lean toward the MFC.

When I had my Jr, i was always wishing for just a few more switches, loved the size and power, just need a few more. Was on the list for the 12+ but got to counting the buttons i wanted to use and this would still be not enough, so I picked up a used Pro and it's just perfect for me. To go to the new pro i would have to spend more than 2x's what i spent on the old pro, just couldnt justify it. Maybe down the road i'll pick up a used pro+ if i can find a deal on one.

I belive they can do more.. the MFC is geared toward just the Axe (can work with other stuff, but it's primarily geared for the axe). If you are new to midi pedal boards, and deep programming, the Liquidfoot stuff can be a bit of a challenge. If you want a really plug and play experience i'd lean toward the MFC.

When I had my Jr, i was always wishing for just a few more switches, loved the size and power, just need a few more. Was on the list for the 12+ but got to counting the buttons i wanted to use and this would still be not enough, so I picked up a used Pro and it's just perfect for me. To go to the new pro i would have to spend more than 2x's what i spent on the old pro, just couldnt justify it. Maybe down the road i'll pick up a used pro+ if i can find a deal on one.

Thanks for your time.
I was using the FCB 1010 with the UNO chip and did some pretty basic MIDI programming from tutorials to get that to access presets, and assign IA switches to effects, and to get the pedals working for the wah and Vol.

The LF gear looks a little more complex, but very nice.

I would only be using for the AXE. I have a MIDI keyboard that I do pretty straightforward VST stuff in Abelton.

I would go with the 12+ rather than the Jr. You will not regret the extra switches and it is not much bigger really. Great customer support. I am a complete midi moron, but was able to get up and running even without the software editor. With the editor it is much easier. That being said, it does add another layer to getting ready for gigs. Program Axe, then program foot controller. Need to plan ahead a bit more, whereas with the MFC, it is totally plug and play. Rearrange your axe patches and no changes needed for MFC once set up. LF12 is smaller, and programable LCD labels are awesome! I have both. Was going to sell MFC when LF came in, but kept it "just in case" for backup. I prefer the LF if I have time, but will pull out the MFC if in a hurry. The new "scenes" feature in the 9.x firmware definitely narrows the gap between the two, but the LCD labels... well there is nothing else like it!

John

I have the Jr+. The 8 buttons work surprisingly well when paired with the page features, the dual-functions per button, and the LCD labels (which tell you where you are). Having said that, depending on what you're trying to do, there are times when I wish I didn't have to switch to a second page to get to a function, or just wish I had that little extra flexibility that the extra 4 buttons with LCDs of the 12+ would offer. But there is just a crazy amount of flexibility here. I could have different sets of pages, and assign each preset one that is tailored to what needs to be on the first page. That can get time consuming though. If you can afford the extra $300 for the 12+ though, I think it's worth it. I may upgrade when the new LCDs are in this January.

The MFC is a great unit too (from what I've heard here -- I haven't used it). They're just different. The goal of the MFC is to seamlessly integrate with the Axe, and it does that very well. It can control other units and serve as a general purpose MIDI controller, but I don't think that's really the main reason it exists. It has flexibility, but not on the level of the LF series. The LF has good integration with the Axe as well, but you do need to do a little more work to set it up. It's a classic tradeoff. Ease of use and flexibility often conflict, though I think in both cases the LF and MFC do a good job of giving you both. The MFC just leans towards ease of use, and the LF leans towards flexibility.

-Brian

I appreciate all of the input here.
Sounds like either the LF series or the MFC would be great.
Will check out their respective videos a little more.

Just broke down and ordered the MFC. Got tired of waiting for the LF+JR+ I ordered back in June. The entire experience soured me on Liquid Foot (yours may vary).

Looks like I am picking up an MFC.
One came up used at a fair price from a forum member.
Will report back.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom