MFC-101 or LF Jr+ - I need to decide NOW!

MFC 15.75" x 10.25" x 3.75" (without feet, including switch height) or 40cm x 26cm x 9.5cm

LF JR+ 11" x 6.8" x front 0.85"/back 2" (without feet or switch height) or 28cm x 17cm x front 2.1cm/back 5cm

MFC 4.5kg

JR+ 1.3kg

Switch spacing is similar, so if you look at the group of 8 switches (2 rows of 4) on the bottom left of the MFC, the very top of the LF unit would come to about the LEDs on row 3 of the MFC.

Ease of initial setup and immediate use = MFC
More programmability / features = LF+

The LF+ is just so damned flexible. I'm still experimenting with different configs and layouts, and the possibilities just seem limitless. Combined with a couple of Mission SP1-LF's, there's really nothing I can't control with this thing.

Totally agree with this.
I personally have a LF+12+ and it is really a powerful unit, you can program it to do whatever you need, even the JR is a good option I think, as you can program each switch to do 2 functions, its like you have 16 buttons where it take only a 8 buttons space. The LCD on each buttons are also a big plus, whatever you program, you will always know what your switch do.

So just to be clear, one thing that is VERY important to m is to SEE the actual names of the presets that I am switching to. I do a LOT of switching of presets around on the Axe FX and it's a must that the controller keeps in sync with this continuously witout me screwing with it a lot.

So let me re-ask the question. Can the LF Jr+ continuously (without user intervention) keep in sync with the presets names / parameter updates of the LF Jr+ and display the preset names as they are on the Axe FX unit?

Last edited:
No just read the direct control section of manual. It requires user intervention just like my jr does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No just read the direct control section of manual. It requires user intervention just like my jr does

This is incorrect. It absolutely does sync the current names and ai states as you touch each preset on the axe. You might want to preload them the first time or after making a lot of changes so everything is current, but the LF+ will auto update when a preset is selected.

See the LF+ starters guide thread I started for a demo template that does just this amongst other things.

The color displays for each button was what sold me on the unit. Makes it so much more flexible and usable IMO.

Last edited:
You hit the nail on the head you must pre load them. That is what I said before. If you decide to change a patch name or move it's location you must re sync it. It does not have real time constant two way communication

You hit the nail on the head you must pre load them. That is what I said before. If you decide to change a patch name or move it's location you must re sync it. It does not have real time constant two way communication

Wrong! It ABSOLUTELY does work as I stated. It updates automatically, no computer needed. I use it everyday.

I never said anything about a computer. So to be clear you are saying if you have sync'd you're ii to your LF and your first patch is called killer lead and next week you change that patch up with different fx ect and rename it smooth lead the lf AUTOMATICALLY will update to show smooth lead without you doing anything to LF at all?

I never said anything about a computer. So to be clear you are saying if you have sync'd you're ii to your LF and your first patch is called killer lead and next week you change that patch up with different fx ect and rename it smooth lead the lf AUTOMATICALLY will update to show smooth lead without you doing anything to LF at all?

Yes! Names, AI's and everything else sync each time you switch presets. You can also have it sync each time you do something like change scenes, so effects ai's match the changes that happen between scenes.

Last edited:
Sounds like we need to clarify what "sync" means as opposed to real-time polling/updating. There is Bi-directional communication, because the temp light on the LF flashes in sync with the Axe Fx. I personally have not worked with mine enough to know if the LF preset names can be made to automatically update in real time and be synced with the Axe Fx. My first impression is that it should be possible, I just haven't seen it. I don't consider it a huge deal whether it does or not, once you have your preset names established and stored in both units, unless you're OCD, how often are you going to be renaming them. They will track one another when changing presets and scenes, but that is not the same as automatially polling the Axe Fx for updates each time you change presets, which would also require additional processing time when switching.

Last edited:
There is bi-directional communication, because the temp light on the LF flashes in synch with the Axe Fx. I personally have not worked with mine enough to know if the LF preset names can be made to automatically update in real time and be synched with the Axe Fx. My first impression is that it should be possible, I just haven't seen it. I don't consider it a huge deal whether it does or not, once you have your preset names established and stored in both units, unless you OCD, how often are you going to be renaming them. They will track one another when changing presets and scenes, but that is not the same as automatially polling the Axe Fx for updates each time you change presets, which would also require additional processing time when switching.

Try out the starter guide/template I posted to see it in action.

OP. AZG seems to be the experienced guy here. So I guess you should take his word on it. Get the LF. You have a return window if you don't like it or does not behave the way it is discribed

Could you elaborate on this option and how to enable it? I have the LF+JR+, and I haven't used that feature.

It's an option in the LF+ Editor. This vid explains it right around the 13m 14s mark.

Looks like this might settle a bit of some confusion others are having. It absolutely sync's in REAL TIME whenever a button is pushed. So if you change the name of a preset on the Axe, the LF will know about it so long as you configure it for that feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPy9kwoaPU#t=364

Side note, I'm looking forward to more info on the Bluetooth connectivity and cordless power options mentioned near the end of this video.

Last edited:
It's an option in the LF+ Editor. This vid explains it right around the 13m 14s mark.

Looks like this might settle a bit of some confusion others are having. It absolutely sync's in REAL TIME whenever a button is pushed. So if you change the name of a preset on the Axe, the LF will know about it so long as you configure it for that feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPy9kwoaPU#t=364

Side note, I'm looking forward to more info on the Bluetooth connectivity and cordless power options mentioned near the end of this video.

So someone please tell me how they did the "No control or power cable" thing here! :shock Also, does the MFC=101 have any set-up SOFTWARE? It does look like it but just verifying.

Tony

No one knows who he did that but we all want too. MFC has no software but I never felt like I needed it.

I wish I used it with LF but don't own a midi interface so did it all manually

So someone please tell me how they did the "No control or power cable" thing here! :shock

The only real info posted about the wireless functionality so far is this from the FAMC forum:

U2JustMe said:
FAMC is coming out shortly with a Wireless attachment. It can be used on existing LF+ devices along with compatibility with the wireless LF+ devices coming out later. That would solve your problem for sure. The wireless hub has a USB port on it so you can plug it into your computer. It will also support Bluetooth among other things.

The only real info posted about the wireless functionality so far is this from the FAMC forum:

I can understand the wireless midi data transmission no problem, but I can't even CONCEIVE wireless power. Oh wait - BATTERY! :lol

I can understand the wireless midi data transmission no problem, but I can't even CONCEIVE wireless power. Oh wait - BATTERY! :lol

Hahaha! :) Yeah, it will be interesting to see the limitations of the battery and the charging requirements.

Back
Top Bottom