MFC-101 New Firmware Version 2.15

IA 15 doesn't respond to wha on off. It does turn on/ with "FX byp' on the front panel of the Axe.
The external footcontroller functions too then. The MFC on/ off doesn't.
IA set to Wha1

Same on the delay1 which I put under IA12. Not responding to the MFC on/off.

@winger -

That was a great suggestion, but it turned out not to be the problem. I was shocked to find out that when I looped the MIDI interface back on itself that I wasn't receiving any data back in. I switched to another MIDI interface I had handy and that did the trick! Thanks very much for the suggestion!

Pete

You're welcome Pete. It was just the first thing that I could think of.

Last edited:
I found out what was wrong.
The Wah1 and the Delay1 both had XY added to their name. Changed the IA's to normal Wah1 and delay1 and now they are responding.
Yessssss!

It seems SCENE INCR and SCENE DECR will only go one up and one down from the current Scene!
For example if I am at Scene 2 (dialed in by knob a) INCR goes to 3 even if I press the IA repeatedly and DECR will jump to 1 ... strange ...
Or ... does it not even change at all ...
I noticed the same. Press IA with SCENE INCR --> MFC display shows the label of next scene but the scene doesn't change in the axe-fx. Didn't test SCENE DECR.

I had the same problem. After I updated the Axe to 9.01b and the MFC to 2.15, I forgot to unplug my midi cable from updating. So I plugged in my cat 5 cable but forgot to unplug midi and got the same problem. Bottom line is don't forget to unplug the midi cable when you plug in cat 5.
Hope this helps
:)

Had to roll back to Axe Ver 8 and 2.13 on the MFC. This update was awesome, but made my MFC-101 go full-retard and basically perpetually time-out on the tuner and any patch with decent CPU use. Everything was fine with the previous versions, and I tried all the suggested trouble shooting (check for 'expansion' as I'm using the CAT-5 cable, etc...) so I went back to what I had. I'm disappointed but hopefully there will be another update soon that brings the MFC back to this earth for me.

Last edited:
having a few issues here... just updated to 9.02 and 2.15 and quite a few of my IA switches seemed to be messed up ... no worries i did a Factory Reset on the MFC and took the opportunity to rethink the setup due to the addition of scenes.

I have setup IA Switches 9 and 10 to "Axe-FX - SCN Inc" and "Axe-FX - SCN Dcr"... but it does not seem to do anything on the Axe-FX. it just seems to toggle between 8 and 3 on the MFC display.... but nothing happens on the Axe-FX.

if i turn the "A" dial to swap between Scene's 1 and 2 all is good.

anyone got any ideas?

am I doing something dumb?... I read the manual but that implies all i need to do is set the relevant IA Switches to "Axe-FX - SCN Inc" etc.

I have double checked this.

Do you have to set the IA to momentary rather than latching? I could not see anything on that.... so have not changed anything other than I have mentioned.

**EDIT**

SOLVED

Although I did not change anything from default... Scene Inc and Scene DECR on the Axe-FX had default values of "Pedal"

I checked and nothing else was set to their MIDI CC's of 123 and 124 ... so I changed the "Pedal" Values to CC Values of "123" for Scene Inc and "124" for Scene Decr in the "CTRL" section of the I/O menu on the Axe-FX and everything is now working as expected.

hmmm, i wonder why it defaulted to "Pedal"

Last edited:
Check the CC assignments in the Axe-FX. They should be:
Scene Select = CC# 34
Scene Incr = CC# 123
Scene Decr = CC# 124

Check the CC assignments in the Axe-FX. They should be:
Scene Select = CC# 34
Scene Incr = CC# 123
Scene Decr = CC# 124

Thanks for the info ... As mentioned it was the 123 and 124.... Checked Scene select and it was correct.

M@ suggested I should also reset parameters on the Axe-FX..... Which I also have done.

Thanks again.

Download Error Firmware Version 2.15

I've been trying to download the new MRC-101 firmware, but I keep receiving a corrupt zip file. I've tried on two different machines. The advertised file size is 410 KB, but I keep downloading a 147 KB corrupt zip. Would someone please test to confirm?

I've been trying to download the new MRC-101 firmware, but I keep receiving a corrupt zip file. I've tried on two different machines. The advertised file size is 410 KB, but I keep downloading a 147 KB corrupt zip. Would someone please test to confirm?

I had same issue. I'm not at my PC right now but I think I had to use either 7-Zip, WinZip or Windows 7 extraction. I've never had this problem with any other zip files from Fractal Audio.

Try a different web browser or clear the browser cache? I have had corrupt files that have been in the cache and when you try to re download it just reads the corrupt one rather than getting a new version

Back
Top Bottom