MFC-101 New Firmware Version 2.15

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
[h=2]MFC-101 New Firmware Version 2.15[/h]
A new firmware version is now available for the MFC-101

Fractal Audio Systems MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller - v2.15 Firmware Download

2.15 has full support for Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.0​
- Each Scene (1-8) may be directly assigned to any Axe-Fx Mode IA Switch (IAxx Axe-Fx ____ in the MIDI menu.

- Scene Incr and Scene Decr also offered for Axe-Fx mode IA Switches.

- LEDs for Axe-Fx mode IA Switches will update when scene is changed.

IMPORTANT: The assignments for some Axe-Fx II IA Switches may need to be re-entered after upgrading to version 2.15
For example, if an IA Switch was set to AMP1XY, you may find you need it has been changed to NONE by the upgrade.
Make notes before upgrading and check all Axe-Fx IA Switches after upgrading.

1. Press EDIT
2. Press MIDI (#4)
3. Page Right (#7) seven times
4. Use UP and DOWN to select the affected IA Switch
5. Press Parameter Right (#12) to change to the function parameter
6. Use UP and DOWN to select the desired function

Loving the update presents 9.00 and 2.15. One question regarding the MFC FW :
Was the ALT(ernate) preset function removed? I can't seem to locate it after upgrading.

Loving the update presents 9.00 and 2.15. One question regarding the MFC FW :
Was the ALT(ernate) preset function removed? I can't seem to locate it after upgrading.

I don't think so, I haven't looked for it on the menu,but it still changes to alt on my MFC 1

It seems SCENE INCR and SCENE DECR will only go one up and one down from the current Scene!
For example if I am at Scene 2 (dialed in by knob a) INCR goes to 3 even if I press the IA repeatedly and DECR will jump to 1 ... strange ...
Or ... does it not even change at all ...

I am having issues with updating using midi Snoise sysex librarian. I cannot change the destination path to send to the MFC101. Please advise. Thanks much.

Does this MFC up (FW 2.15) include ability to have IAs on bottom row (switches 1-5) and presets on middle and back row (switches 6-15)? If not ....is this still being addressed?

Hmm - I have never had a firmware upgrade problem before with either the Axe-FX II or the MFC-101. I updated to 9.00 last night in the Axe II, and then disconnected the RJ-45 cable going into the MFC-101, and used the power brick/wall wart to power the footswitch. I connected a MIDI cable from my USB (MIdiMan?) 2x2 Anniversary interface's OUT-A port and connected the other end to the MFC-101's IN port. I used the Snoize SYSEX librarian to set the port to the MIDI interface OUT-A, powered on the MFC-101 with switch 1 depressed, which put it into firmware update mode. Then I let 'er rip. The MFC-101 never indicated any progress, nor that the transfer was complete. Hummm. I used a MIDI Monitor tool I have and verified that the SYSEX data was being sent to the proper port (although I did see one WEIRD SYSEX message that was only 17 bytes long - I believe the rest were all 137 bytes long). No dice. I swapped the MIDI cable. Again no dice. I tried using the other PORT on the USB interface. Nope. I even tried slowing down the transmit rate in the SYSEX librarian - no go.

Does anyone have any ideas on why I can't get the 2.15 Firmware update to take?

Does this MFC up (FW 2.15) include ability to have IAs on bottom row (switches 1-5) and presets on middle and back row (switches 6-15)? If not ....is this still being addressed?

No, preset switches cannot be relocated as you are saying. They must start from switch 1. This hasn't changed.

@ plyall: Maybe a dumb suggestion but : Have you changed the MFC's port setting from "Expansion" to "Midi" before switching it to FW update mode?
I know that trumped me once or twice :lol

After the update the display on the MFC still says: AXE-FX Name Timeout!
It does not function at all.
Can't find it. Any ideas? Please?

1. Power off the MC and then power back on while holding down switch #11 on the MFC.
2. Press the red blinking ENTER switch on the MFC (#14).

Working now?

Yes, thank you but I guess I'll have to try the update again?

The preset switches are not working properly. I have to press them two or three times. Sometimes it goes to a completely different preset,!!!!!

You might want to check and make sure you are set to expansion and Axe II.

If so then try to update again and see what happens.

I just did and everything is messed up. All the IA's are wrong. The trem seems to be on in every preset.
Not pleased at all

Are you using the new FW9?

Did you read this in Matt's post that created this thread? You may have to redo your IA switches. It shouldn't take you more than a few minutes.

IMPORTANT: The assignments for some Axe-Fx II IA Switches may need to be re-entered after upgrading to version 2.15

Are you using the new FW9?

Did you read this in Matt's post that created this thread? You may have to redo your IA switches. It shouldn't take you more than a few minutes.

Yes FW 9
IA ok will correct them but think that should have been avoided. Change in sound I can understand.
The preset changes don't go smoothly. There's a delay and at times they go back to the one that I came from.
eg. When going from 2 to 3 the preset change is delayed or doesn't make it.

The preset changes don't go smoothly. There's a delay and at times they go back to the one that I came from.
eg. When going from 2 to 3 the preset change is delayed or doesn't make it.

I cannot replicate that kind of behavior. Changes all smooth on mine.

Back
Top Bottom