MFC-101 New Firmware Version 2.13

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
A new firmware version is now available for the MFC-101

This includes three features designed to reduce "oops" on stage:

1. You can now limit the number of BANKS or SONG accessible via the UP/DOWN buttons.

2. You can now disable Bank/Song WRAPPING, so that if you press and hold DOWN or UP, you will land and remain on the lowest or highest instead of cycling endlessly

3. You can now set the EDIT footswitch to require a LONG tap to enter edit mode, instead of just a short press.

MFC-101 v2.13 has been thoroughly tested and is recommended for all users who want to take advantage of these new features.

Fractal Audio Systems MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller - v2.13 Firmware Download

These are fan-f*-tastic new features of the MFC for live use!

You can use just a subset of all banks, which prevents unnecesary banking up/down.

No-wrap means you can blindly hold the Bank Down switch and know that in a few secs max you are always in the first bank.

And more than once I've accidentally pressed Edit, which now can be prevented.

Yahoo! Another 100 points to Fractal for free customer-oriented service.

Really cool, the edit hold feature is really nice. And it calls for another feature- to use this footswitch as an iA, please please please :)

AWESOME.

regarding the edit button, the long press is to get into EDIT, but you can still short press to Save the new IA toggles for the preset, yes?

Do these new features work for someone like me, who does NOT have an Axe FX II ( I use an Ultra). Is it worth the upgrade for me and/or will it screw things up if you're in the stone age and don't have a "II" ???

I just updated my MFC from 2.11 to 2.13 and now cannot change banks using the up/down buttons. Pressing either just causes the current preset to be reselected. I found the new wrap feature, turned it on/off but did nothing... somehow I got the down switch to change the preset numbering to X-01 but the bank nor patch changed. Anyone else see this behavior? Should I reflash?

btw I am on 8.01a on the axe-fx ii...

Update: After powercycling everything a few times didn't work, I decided to reset the mfc to factory defaults. This cleared up the bank change issue. All functionality seems good now.

Actually, I think my CAT5 cable was to blame... I must have nudged it a bit while putting in update mode, and also while pulling power to get into factory reset mode. Not the firmware's fault!

Last edited:
A new firmware version is now available for the MFC-101

This includes three features designed to reduce "oops" on stage:

1. You can now limit the number of BANKS or SONG accessible via the UP/DOWN buttons.

2. You can now disable Bank/Song WRAPPING, so that if you press and hold DOWN or UP, you will land and remain on the lowest or highest instead of cycling endlessly

3. You can now set the EDIT footswitch to require a LONG tap to enter edit mode, instead of just a short press.

MFC-101 v2.13 has been thoroughly tested and is recommended for all users who want to take advantage of these new features.

Fractal Audio Systems MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller - v2.13 Firmware Download

I love this update ! Very usefull features ..
Thanks Fractal a lot :)

Back
Top Bottom